An Absa Home Loan can be structured to suit your individual financial and family needs. We finance all residential property, whether it’s a freestanding house, a flat, a townhouse or vacant land.
How to get it and what you can expect
- Get up to 100% home loan
- A choice of a variable or fixed interest rate
- Get flexible repayment terms of up to 30 years — the term can be changed at any time at no cost
- Immediate access to any extra payments you’ve made into your bond with FlexiReserve.
- The ability to track your application online, from submission to registration.
- Consider Absa Homeowners Comprehensive Insurance to protect your home.
- You can view your home loan balance and FlexiReserve amount on Absa Online
- Free financial planning consultation to complement your home ownership decision (incl. will drafting)
- Free eStatements
Access to complementary value-added products
Absa offers value-for-money with Homeowners Comprehensive Insurance (HOC), Life cover and Absa idirect Short Term insurance products.
- Have a bank account into which your monthly salary, of greater than R25 000 per month, is paid
- Pay a deposit up front, reduce your Home Loan and reduce your monthly repayments
- Pay extra every month into your home loan and reduce the interest cost
- Use ReAdvance and Further Advance, together with a MultiPlan to access available equity in your home
- Register for Absa Rewards
- Get electronic access to your home loan with Absa Online and Telephone Banking if you have an Absa transactional account
For more information, read our Absa Home Loan Brochure.
- A single or joint gross monthly household income of more than R25 000
- A valid, bar-coded South African identity document
- An offer to purchase (if purchasing a property)
- Your latest salary advice (or income statement if self-employed)
- Provide consent to request three (3) months' bank statement if banking with First National Bank (FNB), Nedbank or Standard Bank, otherwise provide three (3) months' bank statements
- Load a debit order repayment instruction