A little know-how could go a long way towards helping you save money. Find out what options you have to save with your Absa home loan.
MultiPlan allows you to structure Further Advances or ReAdvances on the term of your choice on separate accounts saving you interest payments. This will give you access to short-term finance at a preferential home loan interest rate.
- Structure additional loans at your home loan variable or fixed interest rate
- Get a flexible and inexpensive money management tool with separate account numbers and statements
- You can only access MultiPlan facilities when you apply for a new home loan or take your existing loan up to its original loan granted amount with ReAdvance or increase your existing home loan with Further Advance
You can deposit extra funds into your Absa home loan, over and above your regular monthly repayments, with FlexiReserve. There are some very good reasons to do this:
- You will save on interest in the long term
- You can withdraw the extra funds at any time, either a lump sum payment or as and when you need it
- You can use this money for anything you need
Protect yourself against rising interest rates by fixing your home loan interest rate so that it stays the same for a specified period, regardless of whether home loan rates rise or fall.
- You can fix your interest rate for 12, 24 or 60 months
- Fixing your interest rate is worth considering when future prediction indicates a rate increase
If you find yourself struggling to make your monthly home loan repayments, you may be able to extend your repayment term.
- If your home loan repayment term is currently shorter than 30 years, you can extend it up to a maximum of 30 years
- This will lower your monthly repayments to a more affordable amount - bear in mind that an increased term will mean increased interest repayments over the extended term
- The term of your loan can also be decreased at any time, at no cost