What you can expect
- Bundle of transactions at a monthly fee of R65.00
- No subscription fee for Absa Online, mobile and telephone banking
- Unlimited card swipes
- Unlimited cash withdrawals at tills
- Unlimited internal debit and stop orders
- Unlimited NotifyMe SMS or email notifications
- Monthly eStatements
- Three Absa ATM cash withdrawals
- Eleven electronic account and beneficiary payments
- 24/7 access to the largest ATM network in South Africa
- Switch your debit orders for free
- Buy prepaid airtime or electricity
- Use CashSend to send money to anyone without a bank account.
- Help pay the banking fees of a family member, an employee or a dependent with Bank on Me.
- Transacting using a chip debit card is smarter, faster and more convenient. Learn more about debit card benefits.
Divide your existing credit card balance by your credit limit. Multiply that number by 100. The result is your credit ultilisation ratio, a measure of how much of your total available credit you use. It is commonly recommended to keep your total credit utilization rate below 30%.
Credit Providers consider your credit utilization rate when calculating a credit score for you. This can impact up to 30% of your credit score, depending on the scoring model being used.
A low credit utilization rate shows you're using less of your available credit. Credit scoring models generally interpret this as an indication you're doing a good job managing credit by not overspending, and keeping your spending in check can help you reach higher credit scores. Having a higher credit score makes it easier to secure additional credit for example, to take out vehicle finance or a home loan.
- Recommended monthly income of R3 000 or more
- Minimum account opening balance of R50
- A valid bar-coded South African ID
- Proof of residence
- Your latest salary advice
- Be 18 years or older.
There’s a smarter way to open your account. Download it.
If you are a new customer, you can open this Cheque account within minutes by using our App. Download the Absa Banking App and click on “Open an Account".