With zero monthly fees and loads of monthly value-adds, MegaU is the ideal bank account for under 20s. Want to take it to the next level?
What you can expect
- No monthly fee.
- Cash withdrawals at Absa ATMs and points of sale.
- Cash send at Absa ATMs.
- Cash deposits of up to R500.00 at Absa ATMs, branches and cash acceptors.
- Airtime / data pre-paid top-ups at points of sale, Absa ATMs, online, Telephone and Cellphone banking.
- Debit card purchases and tap-and-go purchases with your debit card.
- Debit card replacements and debit card face-to-face delivery.
- SMS and email notifications. This provides you with immediate notifications of activities performed on your account.
- Absa ATM balance enquires.
- Internal debit orders and stop orders.
- Transactional history enquiry - internet, cellphone, telephone (IVR)
- Ensure that you are signed up for the Notify Me services to keep track of all transactions conducted on your account.
All other transactions not included in the above list will be charged at the pay-as-you-transact fee.
Please refer to the Pricing Brochure for detailed product pricing or ask your sales consultant.
- 100MB data
- R20 food voucher to be redeemed at Steers, Nando's, Wimpy or Burger King
- First lesson free for kids activity, those things kids love to do
How to qualify for monthly value-adds
- Maintain a minimum balance of R300 per calendar month
- Or perform at least four banking transactions per month of which two must be prepaid transactions
How to redeem value-adds
- Dial *120*733# and follow the prompts
Read the terms and conditions
Youths between the ages 16 to 20 years
- Original birth certificate, a valid bar-coded South African ID, Temporary ID or a valid passport with a valid visa for foreign nationals
- Proof of residence not older than three months (e.g. utility bill or cellphone statement)
Minors under the age of 16
- Original unabridged birth certificate (for abridged certificates – also include one of the listed documents*) or valid passport with a valid visa for foreign nationals
- Parent or guardian's proof of residence not older than three months (e.g. utility bill or cellphone statement)
- Parental consent to open and manage the account
- Parent or guardian's original bar-coded ID or Temporary ID or a valid passport with visa for foreign nationals
*Children raised by a grandparent/guardian/relative and abridged birth certificate holders
- Proof of Legal Guardianship
- A dated letter from the chief/tribal authority or municipal official of the area confirming guardianship of the child; or
- A dated letter from the school the minor attends confirming the unofficial guardian or single parent; or
- A dated baptism letter from a church; or
- A dated letter from the hospital confirming they have record of single mother giving birth to said minor child