Advantages of your Premium Credit Card
Features and benefits
- Digital banking: Use your Absa Banking App to stop and replace your card, report fraud, manage your daily card limits and more. Or you can logon to Absa Online Banking and bank wherever you are, 24/7.
- Bidvest Airport Lounge access at preferential rates
- Travel insurance* R3 million automatic basic cover for a range of travel emergencies
- Buyers Protection and Extended Warranty
- Free lost card protection: You are covered if your card is lost or stolen (subject to letting the bank know)
- Rewards: Get cash back when you pay with your card locally and internationally
- Exclusive Visa benefits
- Contactless payments: Your card has contactless (tap-and-pay) technology
- NotifyMe: Get SMSs of any account activity for added security
- Credit Life protection: Looks after your family by paying your outstanding debt in the event of death, dread disease and permanent disability
- Credit history: Use your card and build a credit history
Terms and conditions apply to all services and benefits
As a Premium Banking Credit Card holder you can earn an additional 10% booster on top of the standard Absa Rewards earn rate at Dis-Chem.
- To qualify for the booster you have to have a minimum total monthly spend of R7 000 on your Premium Banking Credit Card for the Rewards accrual period (spend period is from the 16th of each month until the 15th of the next month). Your total spend can be a combination of Dis-Chem spend and any other qualifying credit card spend.
- To qualify for any booster earn you must have spent at Dis-Chem during the month.
- The booster is only paid on purchases made on your Premium Banking Credit Card account. Purchases funded from the transactional or cheque account will earn at the normal debit card earn rate and will not count towards the booster total.
- If the spend cap of R3 000 or 30% of the total spend across all cards (whichever occurs first) is reached on an Absa card other than the Premium Banking Credit Card, subsequent spend made with the Premium Banking Credit Card will not attract any earn benefit, including this additional benefit.
- The earn will increase as follows for the various tiers:
- Tier 5: from 30% to 33%
- Tier 4: from 6.5% to 7.15%
- Tier 3: from 2.5% to 2.75%
- Tier 2: from 1.5% to 1.65%
- Tier 1: from 1% to 1.1%
- Existing credit card and Absa Rewards product rules and spend thresholds apply.
Rates and fees
- Interest rate: Get up to 57 days interest-free on qualifying transactions
- Transaction fee: No transaction fees on purchases
- Fixed monthly payments: You can pay extra on your monthly instalments if you need to
Buy and pay with your credit card
- Credit limit: Up to R138 000
- Swipe at any point-of-sale machine worldwide
- Shop securely online or in-store
Qualifying criteria and requirements
- Monthly income: R25 000
- Age: 18 years or older
- Documentation required: Valid South African ID book or Smart card, proof of residence and the latest proof of income for three consecutive months
- Subject to affordability assessment
- Click on the Apply now button
- On the Online Account Application page, enter the characters as displayed in the image
- Please complete the six-step assessment
- You may Save and continue later, or Continue at each stage of your assessment
- Click Apply when you have completed your assessment
Alternative application options
If you are not sure our Premium Credit Card is the right card for you, please compare our credit cards. If you need alternative application processes, find the one that suits you below:
Absa Online Banking customer
If you’re an Absa Online Banking customer, you can apply for a credit card quickly and easily.
Call us on 0861 114 411
Weekdays 08:00 – 17:30
Saturday 08:00 – 13:00
Frequently asked questions
If you ‘tap-and-pay’ with your Premium Banking Credit Card, the payment will always be linked to your Credit Card facility.
This functionality will only be applicable to the primary cardholder. Someone with a secondary card will not be able to access the one card functionality.
As a security mechanism, this card has been set with predetermined daily limits for your transactional/savings account of R5 000 for Point Of Sale transactions and R1 000 for ATM transactions.
Should you wish to increase/decrease these limits you are welcome to do so using the Banking App, Online Banking or at any Absa branch. Your credit card limits can also be altered using our IVR functionality.
When traveling abroad you will not be able to access the one card solution at point of sale machines but the function will be available at ATMs.