Benefits and how to get it
- A one card solution: You can now access your savings or cheque account using your Premium Banking Credit Card for fast and convenient shopping
- Basic travel insurance: Free automatic cover for a range of emergencies when you travel
- Bidvest Airport Lounges: Travel in style with Bidvest Airport Lounge access across South Africa*
- Purchase Protection: 90 days free insurance for theft and accidental damage on card purchases
- Absa Rewards Programme: You can join Absa Rewards and earn up to 1.15% back in cash rewards, contact the Rewards team on 0861 78 8888
- Walletdoc: Our Walletdoc app offers you a smart, secure and convenient way to pay your bills - with no admin. Download Walletdoc from the app store
- MasterPass: Store all your debit and credit cards in one secure digital wallet for safer and faster shopping. Download MasterPassTM from Absa in the app store
- Contactless: Your Premium credit card is also contactless. Tap your card to pay for goods or services up to the value of R200 anywhere you see the Contactless Payments symbol. To combat fraud you’ll occasionally be asked to enter your PIN
*Terms and conditions apply
When you get your new Premium Banking Credit Card here’s what you need to do:
- Sign your card immediately.
- To retrieve your unique PIN call the number on the back of the card and follow the voice prompts.
- Register for NotifyMe by contacting the Premium Line 0860 109 085, Absa Online Banking or by visiting any Absa branch. NotifyMe is a feature that enables you to receive an SMS whenever you use your card.
- Register for Online Banking at absa.co.za.
- Remember you can change your PIN at any Absa ATM, branch or by contacting the Premium Line 0860 109 085 (select option 4). We need a valid cellphone number on our records for you to access this.
- Memorise your PIN and store your card safely
- Never keep your PIN and card together
- Never share your PIN with anyone
- Always watch your card at till points and make sure you get it back after every purchase
- Never trust strangers or ask them for help at an ATM
- Treat your contactless card as cash - always keep it secure
Frequently asked questions
If you ‘tap-and-go’ with your Premium Banking Credit Card, the payment will always be linked to your Credit Card facility.
This functionality will only be applicable to the primary cardholder. Someone with a secondary card will not be able to access the one card functionality.
As a security mechanism, this card has been set with predetermined daily limits for your transactional/savings account of R5 000 for Point Of Sale transactions and R1 000 for ATM transactions.
Should you wish to increase/decrease these limits you are welcome to do so using the Banking App, Online Banking or at any Absa branch. Your credit card limits can also be altered using our IVR functionality.
When traveling abroad you will not be able to access the one card solution at point of sale machines but the function will be available at ATMs.
Need more help?
Let one of our call centre agents help you get the best account for your needs.
Apply online 24/7 or call:
0861 114 411
Weekdays 08:00 17:30
For application status updates call: