Advantages of your Premium Credit Card
Features and benefits
- Digital banking: Use your Absa Banking App to stop and replace your card, report fraud, manage your daily card limits and more. Or you can logon to Absa Online Banking and bank wherever you are, 24/7
- Bidvest Airport Lounge: 12 complimentary visits per year and access at preferential rates thereafter (including guests)
- Travel insurance* R3 million automatic basic cover for a range of travel emergencies
- Buyers Protection and Extended Warranty
- Free lost card protection: You are covered if your card is lost or stolen, subject to letting the bank know (please call us on 0800 111 155)
- Absa Rewards: Earn up to 30% real cash back, depending on your Rewards Tier when you pay with your card locally and internationally
- Absa Advantage: Complete simple challenges on the Banking App and get rewarded instantly
- Exclusive Visa benefits such as Visa Global Merchant offers
- Contactless payments: Tap to pay with your card, smartphone or wearable device at any point-of-sale machine worldwide
- NotifyMe: For added security, activate SMS notifications to get alerts of any activity in your account
Terms and conditions apply to all services and benefits.
As a Premium Banking Credit Card holder you can earn an additional 10% booster on top of the standard Absa Rewards earn rate at Dis-Chem.
- To qualify for the booster you have to have a minimum total monthly spend of R7 000 on your Premium Banking Credit Card for the Rewards accrual period (spend period is from the 16th of each month until the 15th of the next month). Your total spend can be a combination of Dis-Chem spend and any other qualifying credit card spend.
- To qualify for any booster earn you must have spent at Dis-Chem during the month.
- The booster is only paid on purchases made on your Premium Banking Credit Card account. Purchases funded from the transactional or cheque account will earn at the normal debit card earn rate and will not count towards the booster total.
- If the spend cap of R3 000 or 30% of the total spend across all cards (whichever occurs first) is reached on an Absa card other than the Premium Banking Credit Card, subsequent spend made with the Premium Banking Credit Card will not attract any earn benefit, including this additional benefit.
- The earn will increase as follows for the various tiers:
- Tier 5: from 30% to 33%
- Tier 4: from 6.5% to 7.15%
- Tier 3: from 2.5% to 2.75%
- Tier 2: from 1.5% to 1.65%
- Tier 1: from 1% to 1.1%
- Existing credit card and Absa Rewards product rules and spend thresholds apply.
Rates and fees
- Interest rate: Get up to 57 days interest-free on qualifying transactions
- Transaction fee: No transaction fees on purchases
- Fixed monthly payments: You can pay extra on your monthly instalments if you need to
Buy and pay with your credit card
- Credit limit: Up to R138 000
- Swipe, scan or tap to pay at any point-of-sale machine worldwide
- Shop securely online or in-store
Qualifying criteria and requirements
- Monthly income required: R25 000
- Age: 18 years or older
- Documentation required: Valid South African ID book or smart card, proof of residence and the latest proof of income for three consecutive months
- Subject to affordability assessment
Our 5-step credit card application process
- Click on the Apply now button below
- On the Online Account Application page, enter the characters as displayed in the image
- Please complete the six-step assessment
- You may Save and continue later, or Continue at each stage of your assessment
- Click Apply when you have completed your assessment
Alternative application options
If you are not sure our Premium banking credit card. is the right card for you, please compare our credit cards. If you need alternative application processes, find the one that suits you below:
Call us on 0861 114 411
Weekdays 08:00 – 17:30
Saturday 08:00 – 13:00
Frequently asked questions
If you tap-and-pay with your Premium Banking Credit Card, the payment will always be linked to your credit card facility.
This functionality will only be applicable to the primary cardholder. Someone with a secondary card will not be able to access the one card functionality.
As a security mechanism, this card has been set with predetermined daily limits for your transactional/savings account of R5 000 for point-of-sale transactions and R1 000 for ATM transactions.
Should you wish to increase/decrease your card limits you are welcome to do so using the Banking App, Online Banking or at any Absa branch. Your credit card limits can also be changed using our interactive voice response (IVR) functionality.
When traveling abroad you will not be able to access the one card solution at point-of-sale machines. However, the function is available at ATMs.
Need more help?
General card support
Call us on 0861 462 273
International +27 11 354 4001
Monday – Sunday
07:00 – 19:00
For Lost and stolen cards
Call us on 0800 111 155 | Absa App
Apply online 24/7
Or call us on 0861 114 411
Weekdays 08:00 - 17:30
For application status updates
Call us on 0861 114 411