Benefits and how to get it
- One card solution: Access your savings and/or cheque account using your Premium Banking Credit Card for fast and convenient shopping
- R3 million automatic basic cover* for a range of travel emergencies
- Buyers Protection and Extended Warranty
- Interest-free credit: Get up to 57 days interest-free on purchases
- No transaction fees on purchases
- Lost card protection: You are covered if your card is lost or stolen
- Everyday shopping worldwide and online: Swipe at any point-of-sale machine worldwide, shop securely online
- Rewards: Get cash back when you pay with your card locally and internationally
- Contactless: Your card has contactless (tap-and-pay) technology
- NotifyMe: Get SMSs of any account activity for added security
- Credit Life protection: Looks after your family by paying your outstanding debt in the event of death, dread disease and permanent disability
- Fixed monthly payments: Ensure you pay more of your capital debt monthly and allow for easy budgeting
- Helps you build a credit history
- Absa Banking App: Use the App to stop and replace your card, report fraud, manage your daily card limits, lock and unlock certain functions, retrieve your PIN and set your card up for international travel
- Absa Online Banking: Bank wherever you are 24/7
Visit our Ways to bank section to find out how you can bank digitally with Absa
- Minimum monthly income of R25 000
- You must be 18 years or older
- Subject to affordability assessment
- Valid South African ID book or Smart card
- Proof of residence
- Latest proof of income for three consecutive months
*Terms and conditions apply
Frequently asked questions
If you ‘tap-and-pay’ with your Premium Banking Credit Card, the payment will always be linked to your Credit Card facility.
This functionality will only be applicable to the primary cardholder. Someone with a secondary card will not be able to access the one card functionality.
As a security mechanism, this card has been set with predetermined daily limits for your transactional/savings account of R5 000 for Point Of Sale transactions and R1 000 for ATM transactions.
Should you wish to increase/decrease these limits you are welcome to do so using the Banking App, Online Banking or at any Absa branch. Your credit card limits can also be altered using our IVR functionality.
When traveling abroad you will not be able to access the one card solution at point of sale machines but the function will be available at ATMs.
Need more help?
Let one of our call centre agents help you get the best account for your needs.
Apply online 24/7 or call:
0861 114 411
Weekdays 08:00 17:30
For application status updates call: