Many of those who have advanced in years can’t keep up their standard of living after they have retired. They either start saving too late, or don’t continue to bolster their investments once they retire. Retirement planning will help you maintain your lifestyle.
Keep growing your investment once you retire
Often, retirees don’t continue to invest or grow their retirement funds once they retire. The egg nest that was meant to get them through their retirement years reduces, and they can’t maintain their standard of living.
Gives you a great way to gain higher investment returns, but don’t need immediate access to your money.
Dynamic Fixed Deposit
- Opening deposit of R1 000
- Opening deposit for upfront interest R100 000.01
- No monthly administration fees
- Choice of either a fixed interest rate for guaranteed returns or an interest rate linked to prime
- Immediate access to your interest upfront or access to up to 50% of your investment
- Ideal if you want higher investment returns with or without immediate access to a portion of your money
Diversify your investment portfolio with unit trusts — which gives you reach into a wide range of investment markets, both locally and offshore.
The Absa Living Annuity reinvests your accumulated retirement savings to provide you with a retirement income — while aiming for additional long-term investment growth.
With retirement, the focus is usually on low-risk investments that give a good income. This can be achieved by selecting the right shares and ETFs which pay consistent dividends. Lower risk is achieved through diversification of your investments which you can accomplish by investing online yourself, or with the support of a dedicated portfolio manager to manage your investment.
Absa Stockbrokers and Portfolio Management
- Invest and trade in equities and exchange traded funds locally and offshore in over 20 exchanges
- No minimum amount to start — debit orders from a minimum of R250
- With over R250 000 to invest, a portfolio manager can help you
- Invest in a tax-free savings account, for local and offshore exposure
- No age limit
Retirement planning makes all the difference
Retirement may seem a long way off when you are in your 20s, but the earlier you start retirement planning, the more you will be able to grow your investment to ensure that you maintain your lifestyle in your later years.