Ways to Bank
Would you like the convenience of being able to pay your bills at anytime of the day or night, without leaving your home or the office? With Absa Internet Banking you can transform your home or office computer into a complete personal financial management centre.
You can perform a wide variety of transactions and get instant information on your accounts, as well as accessing a host of other financial and investment services online.
Absa Online Banking offers you more than easy and safe access to your bank accounts 24 hours a day. You can also pay accounts, transfer funds, buy prepaid airtime and send money using CashSend or Western Union.
Open a savings account or unit trusts online and immediately start saving for something special. If you need extra cash you can securely apply for personal loan and, if approved, have access to the money in less than ten minutes.
Even if you don’t have Internet access at work or at home, you can use an Internet kiosk at any of our branches. You won’t have to stand in queues and you can print full A4 account statements.
Like this option? Register for Absa Online.
Internet banking could be the right choice if you:
- Need access to your bank account outside of working hours
- Want secure access to your account from the comfort of your home or office
- Would like the freedom to manage your finances directly
- Open accounts in real time, which means your new account is immediately active on completion of the online transaction
- CashSend; electronically transfer funds to a recipient who can then withdraw the funds from any Absa ATM without a card or bank account, using the access code you create
- Credit card transactions, including credit card and budget statements, transferring funds from your card budget account and paying / settling of your budget account
- View balances, statements and your statement history online
- Ability to securely apply for a personal loan and, if approved, be able to use the money in less than 10 minutes
- Register for eStatements (electronic statements) that will be delivered directly to your e-mail inbox
- Once-off payment allows you to pay anybody from your cellphone without having to create a beneficiary
- Prepaid airtime to top up your own, your child's or an employee’s airtime directly from your cellphone
- Notifications of payments made to yourself or to a beneficiary via SMS, e-mail or fax
- Payment reminders to ensure you never miss a payment by setting reminders
- Stop payments so you can stop either a cheque or a debit order online, without having to go to a branch
- Set and maintain daily payment limits for transactions on your account
- Link your vehicle finance account to your profile to view the financing details, and monitor the outstanding balance and transaction history.
- Receive security notifications of your Internet Banking activities, for example, when you logon
- Customise your settings according to your preferences and update your personal information, such as address details
- Authorisations to provide access to additional users and restrict their use of functionality as required
- Make your UIF and SARS payments online
- Access a consolidated view of your unit trust investments held with Absa through MyAbsa on Internet Banking
- Conveniently pay any traffic fines you incur and receive proof of those payments
- Online Share Trading gives you 24-hour access to your portfolio, real-time transactions and share prices delayed by 15 minutes at the lowest brokerage rate for most deal values
- Transfer funds internationally using Western Union, conveniently and electronically wherever you are in the world.
When you logon and perform certain transactions using Absa Internet Banking you will receive a security notification SMS from us. These SMS’s will be sent to the cellphone number that we have registered for your bank account.
This is a regular service and as soon you register and begin using internet banking you will start receiving these security notification SMS’s. Our security notification SMS service ensures that you are aware of certain administrative electronic activity that takes place on your internet banking profile. The service is part of your monthly registration fees and no separate charges apply.
For your convenience you can also sign up to receive SMS notifications for transactional activities. To keep up-to-date and informed sign up or review your NotifyMe SMS service.
When will you receive a security notification SMS?
- When you log on to internet banking
- Add a new beneficiary or update a beneficiary’s details (RVN and TVN)
- Make a once-off payment
- Update your profile
How do you update your cellphone number?
For security reasons, to update the cellphone number to which security notification SMS messages are sent, you will need to visit your nearest branch with a valid ID.
You can update and change your NotifyMe details, by logging on to online banking.