What you can expect
Included in your bundle of transactions for a monthly fee of R109.00:
- Subscription for Absa Online, mobile and telephone banking
- Access to our app, even without data
- Unlimited NotifyMe SMS or email notifications
- Unlimited card swipes
- Unlimited cash withdrawals at tills
- Unlimited balance enquiries
- Unlimited electronic account payments
- Unlimited internal and external debit orders
- Five Absa ATM cash withdrawals
- Five Absa ATM cash deposits
- Buy prepaid electricity, airtime and data via our app
- 24/7 access to the largest ATM network in South Africa
- Up to 50% discount on your monthly fee if you maintain a balance of more than R30 000 for that month
- Any unused value bundle transactions will roll over for one month
- Transacting using a chip debit card is smarter, faster and more convenient. Learn more about debit card benefits
Divide your existing credit card balance by your credit limit. Multiply that number by 100. The result is your credit ultilisation ratio, a measure of how much of your total available credit you use. It is commonly recommended to keep your total credit utilization rate below 30%.
Credit Providers consider your credit utilization rate when calculating a credit score for you. This can impact up to 30% of your credit score, depending on the scoring model being used.
A low credit utilization rate shows you're using less of your available credit. Credit scoring models generally interpret this as an indication you're doing a good job managing credit by not overspending, and keeping your spending in check can help you reach higher credit scores. Having a higher credit score makes it easier to secure additional credit for example, to take out vehicle finance or a home loan.
- Recommended monthly income of R4 000 - R24 999
- Valid bar-coded South African ID or a valid passport
- Proof of residence
- Your latest payslip
There’s a smarter way to open your account. Download it.
If you are a new customer, you can open this Cheque account within minutes by using our App. Download the Absa Banking App and click on “Open an Account”.