When you need some emergency cash or just decided to make that dream a reality, an Absa Overdraft facility with your cheque account could be the answer for you. Apply now and manage your cash flow.
With an overdraft, you can bank on the following:
Download the app now.
What you need to know
An overdraft is a revolving credit facility loaded into your Cheque account. The facility gives you access to additional cash to cover any unplanned expenses and is reviewed every year. You should also make regular deposit into your Cheque account to keep the account up to date.
An overdraft facility comes with a flexible repayment plan. You only pay a once off initiation fee of up to R175.00 on a new facility, a monthly service fee of R69 and monthly interest on the portion of the overdraft limit that you used.
Personalised Annual Percentage Interest Rate (APR), up to the maximum of Prime +10,5%.
Estimated interest repayment:
The estimated monthly interest repayment for an overdraft limit of R15 000 at an interest rate of 15% per month where R8 000 of the overdraft limit has been used is R100.
Credit Protection Plan:
You can take up a Credit Protection Plan that will cover you in case of death, disability, critical illness or loss of income.
Applying is easy
- An overdraft is linked to your cheque account making it easy to track and manage transactions
- Helps to maintain a good credit history by avoiding debit reversals due to insufficient funds
- Ensures timely payments are made and avoid late payments penalties
- You only pay interest for what you use
- Get an optional Credit Protection Plan to settle the outstanding balance in case of death, disability, dread diseases or loss of income
- To earn a regular monthly income of at least R2 000 per month
- To have a cheque account into which your monthly income is paid
- To be 18 years or older
- A valid South African ID document or Smart card
- Proof of residential address such as a municipal or rates bill (not older than three months)
- Your latest payslips or three months' bank statements
If you‘re an Absa customer
- On the Absa website, click the ‘Log in’ button on the top right of your screen
- Click ‘Next’ to log in to your Online Banking account
- Click ‘Offers’ on the side menu
- Click ‘Transactional solutions’
- Click the plus sign next to ‘Overdraft facility’, then click ‘Continue’
- You will be directed to a secure site to complete your application
Absa Banking App
- Log in to your Banking App
- Tap ‘Offers’
- Select the ‘Overdraft’ tile
- Follow the instructions to complete your application
If you’re not an Absa customer
- Apply for a Gold Value Bundle with an Overdraft or a Premium Banking Account with an Overdraft
- Visit your nearest Absa branch
- Contact us on 0860 100 372