Manage your money, take care of everyday transactions and shop to your heart’s content — whenever and wherever you want to.
Want to bank on your time?
If you want to pay accounts, make transfers, apply for loans, top up prepaid accounts and so much more, try online banking. It’s secure, super quick and, best of all, you never have to leave home.
Here’s what you can do with Absa Online
What you need to know about online shopping and 3D Secure
Enjoy using your credit card online? Just keep the following in mind next time you shop:
- Only place orders on trusted, secure websites (look for the lock image on the toolbar).
- On the web page where you enter your credit card or other personal information, look for an 's' after ‘http://’ in the web address of that page. It should read: ‘https://’. The encryption is a security measure that scrambles your data as you enter it.
- Find out what other shoppers say. Some websites such as epinions.com and bizrate.com have customer evaluations, which can help you determine a company's legitimacy.
- Do not send emails with personal information like your card number and expiry date.
- Use good quality antivirus software — such as the free software we provide for our internet banking and WAP-based cell phone banking customers.
3D Secure protects you, the cardholder, and the merchant by verifying your personal details during an online purchase, prior to the transaction being processed. This service is now enhanced with OTP instead of a static username and password.
This gives your Absa card an extra level of protection against unauthorised use when shopping online. You will receive a One Time PIN (OTP) via SMS every time you make a purchase, and this password will only be valid for that transaction.
- Shop online and proceed to the checkout
- Input your 16-digit Absa card number, expiry date and CCV number when prompted
- You will then be asked for an OTP, which you will receive via SMS on your registered cell phone number
- Finalise your purchase
- No need for registration and activation up-front
- No need to remember a username and password
- Reduces the risk of your 3D Secure password being compromised or phished
- Additional level of protection when shopping online
- Have the card you intend to pay with ready, you might be asked to enter your CVV number found at the back of your card.
- Have your cell phone with you in the event you are issued with a One-Time PIN.
- Ensure that you have sufficient funds for your transaction.
- Check that you have entered the correct card details.
- Once you have entered your PIN/password, the system may take a couple of seconds to authenticate, this is normal do not click the back button.
- Should you have entered your PIN/password incorrectly, you can retry. Remember you only get three (3) attempts.
- Should you receive an error message, read the message on the screen to know what steps you might have missed.
Create wealth with online share trading and investing
Whether you want to become better at trading and investing or are just starting out, we’ll give you the tools you need to succeed.
- Safe custody of your shares
- 24/7 secure access to your account
- Interactive charting (technical analysis)
- Detailed company information
- SENS announcements and news from local and offshore sources such as Reuters
- Live and delayed prices
- Online and telephonic support
- Electronic contract notes and statements
- Very competitive rates
- All costs are shown to you before you trade and there are no hidden additional costs.
Need more help?
Let one of our consultants assist you.
Internet banking on: 08600 08600 or +27(0)11 501 5110
3D Secure Call Centre on: +27 (0) 11 354 4058
Online share trading and investing on 0860 05 04 03