Imagine the peace of mind you would have if you had some emergency money for life’s unexpected events.
- Start putting away some money each month as soon as you are able
- Open up a savings account for your children when they are young
- Pack your own lunch
- Resist buying coffee at work
- Buy non-perishable items in bulk at a lower per-unit cost
- Buy expensive items — from clothing to new tyres for your car — on sale
- Buy seasonal fruits and vegetables
If you don’t have immediate access to money in an emergency, you would need to take out a loan, an extension on your bond, or dip into your overdraft. The interest rates on these are quite high — meaning that you pay more than you borrow.
Dynamic Fixed Deposit
- Opening deposit of R1 000
- Opening deposit for upfront interest R100 000.01
- No monthly administration fees
- Choice of either a fixed interest rate for guaranteed returns or an interest rate linked to prime
- Immediate access to your interest upfront or access to up to 50% of your investment
- Ideal if you want higher investment returns with or without immediate access to a portion of your money