If you plan on buying or selling a car privately, our approved Absa Private Buy dealerships will help you navigate the journey. With over 40 approved car dealerships nationwide, our dealers can help you with assessments before buying, or assist with facilitating the sale.
What to expect
- A safe environment to conclude your vehicle finance transaction.
- Insurance options that include credit protection plans, extended cover, mechanical breakdown warranties and an Ultimate Booster warranty.
- A technical inspection, roadworthy test and change of ownership facilitated by the dealer.
In addition to being able to facilitate your private vehicle sale and/or purchase, an Absa Private Buy approved dealer can also:
- Help you find the car that you’re looking for
- Offer you great deals on a new or used car
- Help you if you want to trade in your old car.
Some charges to note when purchasing a car through your dealer (these charges are not exhaustive):
- Risk management and facilitation
- Delivery, license and registration
- Dealer-introduced commission when financing a car.
Some charges to note when selling your car through your dealer (these charges are not exhaustive)
- Inspection report
- Repair costs that may be required to enable the sale of your car.
For more information on these charges, speak to your dealer
For the approved dealer to facilitate your purchase, all you need to bring is:
- Your South African ID book, Smart Card or your passport
- Proof of income
- Proof of residence
- Your driving licence
- Copy of your NaTIS document, if the vehicle you are trading in, is paid up.