A business plan is a roadmap of your business. It details how your business wants to achieve its goals and should include its operational, financial and marketing strategies.
- What type of business do I want to run - will I be selling products, services, or both?
- What products or services will I be selling?
- Will the business be manufacturing products or buying them from a manufacturer?
- Will I be in business by myself or in a partnership?
- How will the business be funded?
- What market will the business be serving - in other words, who are my customers?
- Who are my competitors and how will I overcome competition to succeed?
- Business details - include the name of the business and/or trading name as well as the physical address.
- Business overview - describe what your business is all about.
- Business operations - state what you sell as well as how and who you will sell to.
- Business environment - describe factors that will impact your business, like; sales, customers and debtors.
- Sales and customers - describe in detail your sales projections, the number of customers you want to attract and their locations.
- Debtors - state how you will deal with customers when it comes to credit.
- Creditors/Suppliers - describe how you will relate with suppliers when it comes to payment and deliveries.
- Competitors - identify your key competitors and describe your competitive advantage over them.
- Financial review - for a start-up this may not apply but for established businesses include your financial reports, your business’s current financial position and your financial plans going forward.
Need more help?
Let one of our consultants assist you.
Contact your relationship executive.
Call us on: