Building insurance for your property
Building/Homeowner’s Insurance

Your house is so much more than the bricks and mortar it is made of – it is your home – and it needs to be insured against all the unexpected things in life.

Houses, holiday homes and property investments are often one of the biggest investments that we make – and you want to make sure that this investment is properly insured so that the structure and permanent fittings of your valuable investment can be rebuilt or repaired, when misfortune knocks at the door.

Imagine what you would do if your home was destroyed by a fire or flooded by a severe storm? Most of us don’t have the cash to make unforeseen repairs to our homes – which is why homeowner’s comprehensive insurance is vital to ensure that when disaster strikes, you can bounce back and not worry about finances.

Why do I need building/homeowner’s insurance?
  • You have a house, holiday home, or investment property (or are planning on buying one) that you would like to insure against insurable events like theft, malicious damage, fire or acts of nature such as storms, hail and lightning. You want to have insurance to cover you in the event of a geyser bursting and the overflow causing damage to the ceiling, cupboards and/or carpets
  • If you have an Absa home loan or intend taking out one, you will need comprehensive homeowner’s insurance on the property. This is a requirement of the finance institution that issues your bond
What's in it for me?
  • Affordable. Cover that provides you with comprehensive cover at competitive rates
  • Peace of mind. Your most valuable asset is insured against sudden and unforeseen events
  • 24-hour emergency assistance. in the event of a claim
  • Convenience. Your homeowner’s insurance premium can be included in your monthly home loan repayment or paid by means of a debit order directly with Absa
  • Maintain your current financial status. You don’t have to worry about finding thousands of rands to make repairs to your home when disaster strikes
What does building insurance cover?

We will cover you against loss of or damage to the structure of your home by events such as:

  • Theft and attempted theft
  • Malicious damage
  • Fire or explosion
  • Acts of nature such as wind, lightning, storm, hail, flood
  • Earthquake
  • Burst, leaking or overflowing from geysers or water pipes
  • Impact caused by vehicles, falling trees and aircraft

Your policy includes, among others, the following benefits:

  • Alternative accommodation after an insured event
  • Hiring of guards to protect property after an insured event
  • Loss of rent/rental value
Logon to apply for insurance through your Absa Online account

Contact Us
Get your insurance quote here

Absa idirect will call you back


Welcome. You have no new messages