Free cover for taxi drivers and passengers
Get free Accidental Death Cover from Absa Life if you’re an SAPay-registered taxi driver or passenger. If an accident leads to your death, your beneficiary will get R20 000 if you’re a taxi driver or R15 000 if you’re a taxi passenger.
Accidental Death Cover will be available from the date that you register your SAPay App. You can read the full terms and conditions.
What you need to know
To qualify, you must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 70 years on registration on the SAPay App;
- Be permanently living or legally residing in South Africa;
- Have a valid passport, residence permit or work permit, if you are a non-South African citizen;
- Have an active SAPay Account; and
- Transact at least three times per month on your SAPay App.
Claims will not be paid if you do not meet any of the above requirements. Only one claim can be made per event.
Claims will not be valid if:
- The Life Assured’s death resulted from suicide or attempted suicide;
- There is a breach of any criminal law that results in your death by you or anyone acting on your behalf or with your permission or knowledge, or by any Claimant;
- The Life Assured’s death resulted from active participation in a war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities, warlike operations (whether war is declared or not), civil war, insurrection, rebellion, revolution, civil commotion or uprisings, military power;
- The beneficiary who submits the claim on behalf of the Life Assured’s estate provides us with wrong or incomplete information regarding the claim; or
- Anyone acting on the Life Assured’s behalf misrepresents any associated facts or commits a fraudulent act.
How to claim when a loved one is lost
- Losing a loved one is hard, so we have tried to make the claims process as easy as possible.
- To make a claim, please either:
Please note: Claims made more than a year after the event may not be paid.
Need more help?
For claims or queries, please call Absa Life on 0860 227 253
Absa Life Limited is an insurer licensed to conduct life insurance business (I121) and an Authorised Financial Services Provider (FSP 36116).
Registration number 1992/001738/06. Terms and conditions apply.