Our Gold Package is a two-in-one deal that comes with a Gold Cheque Account and Gold Credit Card. Apply for this package deal today and reap the benefits which include a 50% discount on monthly fees for maintaining account for balance of more than R30 000.
Gold Package benefits
- Unlimited electronic payments including internal & external debit and stop orders
- 50% discount on the monthly account fee when you maintain a balance of R30 000 or more on the cheque account
- No fees on Absa ATM withdrawal transactions to a total value of R4 500 each month
- No fees on Absa ATM deposit transactions to a total value of R4 500 each month
Additional services/value added benefits
- Bidvest Airport Lounge access at preferential rates
- R1,5 million Automatic basic cover for a range of travel emergencies
- Get up to 57 days interest-free credit on purchases
- Low monthly repayment of 3% of outstanding balance, when you choose to repay using a debit order
- Access to a secondary credit card at a nominal once off fee should you wish to share the credit facility with another individual i.e. spouse
- Ability to access both cheque and credit card accounts using one card
- NotifyMe: get SMSs of any account activity for added security.
- Contactless: our card has contactless (tap-and-pay) technology
- Funeral cover benefit of R20 000: we pay R20 000 into your account upon your death. This will first settle any outstanding overdraft and account fees at that time. The balance will be paid to your deceased estate
- Disability benefit of R5 000: get a monthly payment of R2 500 into your account for two consecutive months if you become disabled
- Retrenchment benefit of R5 000: get a monthly payment of R2 500 into your account for two consecutive months if you are retrenched
- Absa Banking App: use the App to stop and replace your card, report fraud, manage your daily card limits, lock and unlock certain functions, retrieve your PIN and set your card up for international travel
- Absa Online Banking: bank wherever you are 24/7
Visit our Ways to bank section to find out how you can bank digitally with Absa.
- Earn a gross monthly individual income of R4 000
- You must be 18 years or older
- Not be insolvent or under debt counselling
- Consent to do a credit bureau check
- South African citizen or ID-carrying resident
- Valid South African ID book or Smart card
- Proof of residence
- Latest proof of income for three consecutive months
There’s a smarter way to open your account. Download it.
If you are a new customer, you can open this Cheque account within minutes by using our App. Download the Absa Banking App and click on “Open an Account”.