Keep all your credit, cheque and debit card details in one slick digital wallet. It’s easy — just download the MasterPass app, register and shop away.
What you need to know about MasterPass
- Download the MasterPass app to your mobile phone
- Load your personal information
Fill in your name and surname, home address and email address into your MasterPass app.
- Add billing and shipping information
Enter the billing information for the debit or credit cards you wish to register, as well as the address where you’d like to receive shipments.
- Create your password
Remember to keep your password safe and secure. Your password will be required when you want to change any information.
- Shop wherever you see the MasterPass logo
You can use your MasterPass digital wallet at any online store that displays the ‘Buy with MasterPass’ logo.
1. Select the ‘Buy with MasterPass’ checkout button and select the Absa icon as your MasterPass-connected wallet.
2. Scan the QR code or manually enter the code/reference number that is displayed below the QR code.
3. Select the card you want to use for your purchase. It can be any Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card.
4. Now enter your bank card PIN code to confirm your transaction.
5. You’ll receive an electronic receipt on the successful completion of the transaction.
With your shopping list now ticked off, you’ll receive a reference to show that the transaction has been completed successfully. A copy of your transaction will be available for future reference.
For more information call 0861 462 273 (0861 GOCARD).
What is MasterPass?
Absa MasterPass is a digital wallet service that makes your shopping experience safe, easy, and convenient. MasterPass stores all your payment and shipping information in one central, secure location.
Where do I locate/download the MasterPass app?
The MasterPass app can be found in the relevant app store for your particular handset. Look for the one with Absa branding.
- Android handsets (Samsung, Sony, HTC, etc.)
- iOS Apple handsets (iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6)
- Windows handsets
Which cards are supported by MasterPass?
You can add debit and credit cards from MasterCard and Visa. MasterPass currently doesn’t support Diners Club or American Express cards.
Who can I contact for help with the MasterPass app?
Please call 0861 462 273 (GOCARD)
Do I have to pay to use MasterPass?
No additional fees are charged for using the MasterPass app. A MasterPass transaction is seen as a normal card transaction, so your existing transactional fees will apply.
Is MasterPass safe to use?
Yes. It's our top priority to keep your personal information safe. However, customers must also act responsibly and take precautions to keep their information safe.
What should I do if I suspect a purchase has been made fraudulently?
If you believe that a purchase has been made without your consent you should immediately contact the financial institution that issued the card and report your concerns. If the card in question is issued by Absa, you can call the Absa Fraud Hotline on 0860 557 557.
Should the card be any MasterCard card, you can always contact the MasterCard Assistance Center at 1-(800)-MC-ASSIST.
Here are some tips to enhance your peace of mind when shopping using MasterPass:
- Ensure you have downloaded a certified MasterPass app.
- Never enter your PIN into someone else's mobile device. Your PIN should only be entered into your own mobile device and only within the MasterPass app during a MasterPass transaction that you’ve initiated.
- Always make sure no one sees your PIN when you’re conducting a transaction.
- If you believe a purchase has been made fraudulently, contact the financial institution that issued the card to report this activity on your card.
Terms and conditions apply
Need more help?
Have we provided all the information you need?
If not, we are here to help.
Call us on: