If you’re a non-South African citizen looking to invest in South African residential property, we can assist you. We are here to help you through the process until you find a suitable investment.
How to get it and what you can expect
- Additional deposits can be made at any stage, which will immediately reduce your interest cost.
- The loan can be structured up to a maximum term of 30 years.
- The term may be changed at any time at no additional cost. (If the change results in an increase in your repayment, additional information may be requested in order to confirm your affordability).
- You can benefit from electronic access to your home loan with Absa Online and Telephone Banking if you have an Absa transactional account.
- Get free e-Statements.
- Absa Homeowner’s App
- Absa Cash Rewards
- Track your application online, from submission to registration.
If you’re a non-South African citizen looking to invest in South African property, our International Mortgages business unit can assist you. We are here to help you through the process until you find a suitable investment.
- Please bear in mind that you’ll need to put down a 50% deposit in accordance with South African law.
- A Debit Order repayment instruction is mandatory.
- Monthly repayments must be met in terms of the mortgage loan agreement.
- Interest is calculated based on the daily outstanding balance and capitalised monthly.
- A 50% deposit as stipulated by South African regulatory requirements.
- Confirmation of income.
- Proof of residence.
- Your residence permit.
- Your passport.
- An employment confirmation letter.
- A signed offer to purchase.
- Provide consent to request three (3) months bank statement if banking with First National Bank (FNB), Nedbank or Standard Bank, otherwise provide three (3) months bank statement.