Our Multi-currency Cash Passport is a card preloaded with up to four different foreign currencies so you can easily take your spending money overseas. Now you can focus on travel, while we focus on the money.
What you need to know
- You can load up to four currencies on one card.
- Chip and PIN enabled.
- Lock-in the exchange rate and avoid fluctuations.
- Spend at merchants and draw from ATMs displaying the Mastercard® acceptance mark (excluding the CMA).
- The travel card is not linked to your bank account.
- The card is valid for up to five years. This means that funds can be cashed out and the card can be kept and reused for your next trip.
- You can check balances, view transactions and move money between currencies using the Multi-currency Cash Passport mobile app or online via www.cashpassport.co.za.
- 24/7 global assistance.
- You get free replacement of lost or stolen cards.
- An additional card can also be purchased and linked to the same pot of funds, for convenience.
- Valid ID
- Air ticket or eTicket in your name
If you are travelling via road transport to countries that are not in the common monetary area, you will need to provide your ID and your vehicle’s registration certificate.
- Foreign currency for travel purposes may not be bought more than 60 days prior to your departure.
- When you return from your trip, any unused currency on the cards must be re-sold. This can be done commission-free at an Absa foreign exchange branch.
- Because Absa respects the path you choose, we have great pleasure in offering the Multi-currency Cash Passport, which caters for our customers that bank the Shari’ah-compliant way.
Need more help?
Let one of our consultants assist you.
Call us on:
0860 151 151
+27 (0) 11 335 4019
Email us at: