A secure, fast and reliable way to transfer money to or from South Africa, SWIFT allows you to make payments directly into a beneficiary’s foreign account.
- Send money to an individual or business in another country
- Receive funds directly into your account from abroad
- If you’re registered for Absa Online, you can make use of the SWIFT service by clicking on the International Funds Transfer gadget under the Payments tab
- To make sure your payment is successful, give the sender Absa’s SWIFT code and your bank account number (Absa’s SWIFT code is ABSAZAJJ).
- Secure form of payment
- Much faster than a bank draft
- You can stipulate the exact date of payment
- Quick and convenient
- Available online.
- The beneficiary’s bank details, account number, name and residential address
- Any documentation required by the South African Reserve Bank (SARB).
ABSA is a proud member of SWIFT GPI (Global Payments Innovation) offering transformed cross-border payment services to our customers. SWIFT GPI is a fast moving initiative working at transforming the global payments world with a specific focus on cross-border payments.
- This enables full track and trace on cross boarder payments.
- Should the beneficiary bank also be a member we will provide you a notification with a beneficiary credit confirmation.
- Includes a list of participating banks worldwide.