As your expectations grow, so your world expands. We are here to help you navigate the pace and pit-stops of life as you make your way towards your ultimate destination. Welcome to Absa Gold banking. A reflection of our bravery, passion and readiness to support you.
You can bank on us when it comes to your card and safety
We have handy tips and information about your Gold debit or credit card. Let’s get started.
Your Absa debit and/or Visa credit card is contactless-enabled and can be used to tap to pay for all transactions where the contactless/payWave symbol is displayed.
For transactions over R500, or merchant-dependent limits, you will be asked to enter your PIN.
Contactless transactions on your debit card are debited against your transactional account and transactions on your credit card are debited to your credit card account. These transactions will appear on your statement with all your other transactions.
Please safeguard your contactless-enabled card to avoid fraudulent use. We will never ask you to share your PIN to maintain your card or transaction limits via telephone, SMS or email.
If your contactless card is lost or stolen, you can request a replacement. A replacement fee may be charged. Call Absa immediately on 0800 11 11 55 if your card is lost or stolen or your PIN is compromised.
Opt for our value-added NotifyMe service to get SMS and/or email alerts when you transact. Register on Absa Online under the Profile tab, call Telephone Banking on 08600 08600 and select option 1 or visit any branch. Fees may be charged on certain accounts.
Read more about your card’s contactless functionality here
Apart from contactless payments with your card, we offer access to a host of other innovative digital payment solutions such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay.
|Basic Travel Insurance||Get emergency medical cover and up to 90 days automatic basic travel insurance up to R1.5 million for international journeys when you buy your return travel ticket(s) with your Absa credit card.|
|Top-up Insurance||All Absa cardholders are eligible to purchase Top-up Travel Insurance from Bryte at Absa negotiated rates.|
|Click here for a detailed breakdown of the benefits and conditions of Bryte Travel Insurance or to find out about top-up cover.|
Underwritten by Bryte Insurance Company Limited
|Visa Marketplace||All Visa cardholders are given access to multiple merchant discounts and deals via the exclusive marketplace offering. The benefits from this offering are redeemable on the Visa cards platform or app and includes offline and eCommerce merchant deals across select Sub-Saharan African countries.|
|Global Cardholder Assistance
Cardholders may register a profile on the Visa Cards Benefits and Offers platform to learn about redeemable offers by following these steps:
- Go to the Visa cards [https://visacards.africa]
- Click on ‘Create an Account’
- Fill in a name and surname, country of residence, as well a valid email address
- Create a unique password that adheres to the following:
- At least one upper case letter
- At least one lower case letter
- At least one digit
- At least one special character (#?!@$%^&*-.)
- Password length must be minimum of eight characters in total
After entering these details and creating a unique password, cardholders will automatically navigate to the next step in the registration process that will require entering their Visa card details.
This is to help Visa determine in which tier their card belongs, so that they are shown the particular benefits and offers that are available in their region and within their card tier.
Please Note: The platform will not store any Visa card details after the card tier is determined.
Download the Visa Benefits and Offers App to have access to all your Visa offers in the palm of your hand.
The Absa Banking App helps you manage your money while on the move. Use the App to
- View your card details digitally (including expiry date and CVV)
- Stop and replace your debit and/or credit card
- View your account balances
- View your 90-day transaction history
- Retrieve your card PIN
- Lock your card (if lost or misplaced)
- Lock/Unlock specific transaction types that you don’t need (such as international purchases)
- Do transfers and make electronic payments
- Change daily card limits
- Set travel notifications to enable your card to function across borders
Download our Absa Banking App and enjoy fast, convenient banking on your phone or tablet. Download from your favourite app store
For access to the full range of Absa digital services, register here
- For assistance with any of our online banking services click here
- We offer smart ways and tools to do your banking such as eStatements, managing your accounts and ATM services
- View the latest scams Phishing and Vishing, details of our Fraud Hotline, how to block your card and more on our security page