Get more details
Absa Banking App users will be directed to the App when they do 3D Secure transactions. You will receive a SureCheck notification on your Banking App to approve (verify and authorise all 3D Secure online transactions). Currently 3D Secure transactions are approved via SMS. If you are not using our Absa Banking App you will continue to receive SMS approvals.
What are the benefits of the new process?
- Eliminates SIM swop related CNP fraud
- You can travel internationally to shop online without activating cellphone roaming
- Provides a more secure form of authentication, which can only be done in-app
Every time you log in to your account you get a free SMS alert.
Prevent key-loggers from seeing what you type. Only use the on-screen virtual keypad to enter your password or PIN.
CAPTCHA is when you are asked to enter a code you see displayed on your screen. This makes sure that it is a person and not malware that is accessing your account.
Each time you logon to your online banking account you’ll see the personal welcome phrase that you set up. Because this can’t be duplicated, it is proof that you’re on the legitimate Absa Online Banking site.
Here are some online security measures to help you bank safer.
Absa Online Banking uses multiple firewalls to ensure that only clients with valid credentials can access our services.
Timeout and automatic logout
Your online banking service will automatically log you off if there’s no activity for six minutes.
If you enter your PIN or password incorrectly three times, your online banking will be suspended. You’ll need to visit an Absa branch or reset your PIN and password online.
Immediate payment holds
An Immediate Interbank Payment (IIP) maybe delayed preventing fraud. You’ll receive two notifications; one to confirm that your transaction has been created, the second to let you know that the transaction has been successful.
Software to enhance your security
How to download anti-virus software to your computer
- Sign in to the Absa Antivirus Centre using your Absa Online Banking details. You will get a serial number to use to download the software.
- Download the anti-virus software.
- Go to the Trend Micro Maximum Security 2024 download centre
- Download the package for the following systems:
If you are uncertain about your operating system, please download the complete version of the software.
How to download anti-virus software to your mobile device
On your mobile device, follow these three steps:
- Sign in to the Absa Antivirus Centre using your Absa Online Banking details. You will get a mobile serial number to use to download the software.
- Register for a Trend Micro Account
- Select Use Activation Code and enter the mobile serial number you received
Before installing the software, ensure that:
- Your computer or cellphone meets the antivirus system requirements
- The installation file has been downloaded correctly and completely
- All other antivirus programs have been uninstalled
What you need to remember
- You must register for a serial number before installing the software. You can find the serial number at the Absa Antivirus Centre.
- For technical support, call us on 08600 08600.
- For assistance from Trend Micro visit their Help and Support portal.
We use the most advanced, internationally accepted standards of encryption technology, using 128-bit encryption built into your browser. Be ensure your browser is updated to the latest version.