You’ve found your dream home and you are ready to buy it, but you’re a bit unsure how big a loan you need. Use our estimator to calculate the home loan amount you qualify for and get other necessary information such as switching your home loan to Absa.
Get an Absa Home Loan Estimator certificate
The Home Loan Estimator is a simple and quick way of finding out what the bank may lend you before you start searching for a home. We will be doing a credit check online, so you will know immediately if you are eligible for a home loan from us.
All information captured in the process is safe and secure and kept between you and Absa.
Apply for an Absa Home Loan Estimator using the Absa Homeowner App or Online application if you are buying property or if you’re intending to switch your home loan to Absa. It usually takes about 10-15 minutes if you have all the required information.
- Tell us who you are
- Choose how much you want to borrow
- Tell us about your income and expenses
- Get your Absa Home Loan Estimator outcome
- We’ll tell you what your Absa Home Loan credit rating is
The amount disclosed is merely an indication of what we are able to offer you based on the information you have provided as well as our review of your credit record. If you wish to proceed with financing, you will be required to submit a full home loan application and the success of your application for financing will depend on our assessment of your credit record and your ability to afford the monthly repayments, determined from the supporting documentation you provide.
For more information, you can download our brochure here.
The Absa Home Loan Estimator can only be issued to individuals or joints up to two (2) applicants.
You must be a South African resident with a valid bar-coded South African ID document or smartcard to apply.
You can apply three (3) times over a 90-day period.
- A valid South African ID
- Details of your monthly income and expenses
- Application takes only 10 – 15 minutes
- A valid South African ID
- Download the Absa Homeowner App to access the Home Loan Estimator or you can do an Online application.
- The Absa Homeowner App can be downloaded from the iOS App store and Google Play Store.
- The minimum requirement to use the app is the iOS version 6 for Apple and version 2.3 for Android.
- This is a smartphone app, but is available for iPad devices as well - select the 'iPhone only' option when searching for the app store on your iPad.
- Please note this app does not work on rooted/jail broken handsets.
Does the Absa Home Loan Estimator certificate mean my home loan is approved?
No, but it will give you a view of what you could qualify for before you buy a home. The amount disclosed is merely an indication of what we are able to offer you based on the information you have provided as well as our review of your credit record.
If you wish to proceed with financing, you will be required to submit a full home loan application. The success of your application for financing will depend on our assessment of your credit record and your ability to afford the monthly repayments, determined from the supporting documentation you provided to us.
What should I do if I struggle to download the Absa Homeowner App?
Contact Absa on 0860 111 123
Does the offer or Home Loan Estimator amount include other home loan costs?
The Home Loan Estimator amount does not include any other costs of buying a home.
The following costs are excluded:
- Transfer costs
- Bond Costs
- Legal counsel costs
- Occupational rent
- Financial institution fees
- Estate agent fees
- Insurance costs
No. The Home Loan Estimator is only applicable for estimating the outcome when you want to:
- Buy a new home
- Buy a home as an investor to rent it out (i.e. Buy-to-Let)
- Switch your home loan to Absa