Why our funeral cover?
Family is everything. Ensure that your loved ones have a dignified and memorable final farewell with our Flexi Funeral Plan.
What you can expect
- No medical examinations or questions. Cover starts when you pay your first premium.
- Keep your loved ones’ funeral cover active after you pass away by paying your premiums for five years.
- Full funeral cover from day one if you've had existing comparable funeral cover for at least 6 months elsewhere and you are switching to Absa.
- Add up to 8 extended family members to your funeral plan including your parents, in-laws, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, grandparents, grandchildren, great-grandparents and employees.
- You and your spouse can get up to R100 000 cover. Children and extended family members can get up to R50 000 cover.
- Transportation of mortal remains to the nearest funeral home in South Africa at no additional cost.
- Protect yourself against rising costs with cover that increases by only 3% per year.
- Your waiting period can be set aside if the policy is taken out to replace a similar policy.
How it works
- COVID-19 is not a specific exclusion on Absa Life policies. A claim resulting from the virus will be paid, subject to the general terms and conditions of your policy.
- You cannot claim for death due to natural causes in the first 6 months of your Flexi Funeral Plan, unless you are replacing a similar cover from elsewhere where the waiting period has been served.
- You cannot claim for death due to suicide in the first 12 months of your Flexi Funeral Plan.
- You are covered from day one for accidental death.
- You and your spouse can be covered as long as you are between the ages of 18 and 70 years.
- You can add children as long they are younger than 70 years.
- You can add extended members as long they are younger than 75 years.
Need more help?
Contact Absa Life for any queries or submit a claim on:
0860 227 253
Chat to us on Whatsapp about your Funeral policies by adding Absa Life (0860 227 253) as a contact and say “Hi”
Email us at: