More details about Western Union
- Easily track your transfers with unique Money Transfer Control Numbers (MTCN).
- Recipients can only collect their money with an MTCN number.
- Recipients must also produce positive identification in order to collect.
There are three ways to send money with us via Western Union:
- Use Absa Online Banking: Select International payment from the payments tab.
- Use your Absa Banking App: Select International payment via the pay tab.
- Visit an Absa branch.
Please note that in certain countries, only the receive money service is available. Find out more here.
The following Western Union receive transactions are allowed:
- Foreign students studying in South Africa can receive funds from abroad.
- South African residents who are temporarily abroad can send their earnings.
- Monetary gifts received from abroad, other than to charitable, religious, cultural or educational organisations.
- Foreign tourists receiving funds from abroad for their holiday or business visit to South Africa. Residents of Lesotho, Swaziland or Namibia. Non-residents are not allowed to send or receive funds from South Africa.