More details about Multi-currency Cash Passport
- Valid Identity Document
- Valid passport
- Air ticket or eTicket in your name
If you’re travelling by land to countries that aren’t in the common monetary area (South Africa, Lesotho, Namibia and Swaziland), you’ll need to provide your vehicle’s registration certificate.
- Your card is not linked to your bank account.
- You can buy foreign currency for your trip up to 60 days before your travel.
- When you get back from your trip, you need to exchange any unused currency left on your card. You can do this commission-free at an Absa foreign exchange branch.
- Cash out unused funds and re-use your card on your next trip for up to five years.
- The Multi-currency Cash Passport also caters for Shari’ah-compliant customers
- Use your card in any country where you have the correct currency loaded.
- Spend at merchants and draw from ATMs displaying the Mastercard® acceptance mark (excluding the CMA).
- Check your balances, view transactions and move money between currencies using the Multi-currency Cash Passport mobile app or online via www.cashpassport.co.za.
Download your Cash Passport app
Cash Passport is issued by Travelex Card Services Limited, pursuant to license by Mastercard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.