Pay for transport and retail purchases of R200 or less using your Contactless enabled card.
- A contactless payment card is any pocket-sized card with an internal antenna, which communicates with a terminal via radio wave.
- There’s no need to dip the card into a point-of-sale device and no PIN or signature is required.
- The contactless feature is available as a stand-alone card or as a feature on certain debit and credit cards.
- Look out for the contactless symbol find out if a customer’s card is contactless enabled.
- Your cashier should make sure a customer’s card is contactless enabled by looking out for the Contactless symbol.
- Customer should tap or hold their contactless enabled card over the contactless card reader.
- The reader will confirm payment and the customer will be issued a receipt.
To apply for a contactless card reader please contact Absa Merchant Services on 0860 111 222.