What you need to know
- Download the walletdoc app from the App Store or on Google Play
- Register a walletdoc account
- You’ll be assigned a walletdoc email address (email@example.com)
- Get your billers to send your bills to your walletdoc email address or simply forward your bills to your walletdoc email address
- You can still enjoy using walletdoc by accessing the walletdoc website www.walletdoc.com
- Be notified when a bill arrives and reminded when a bill is due
- Pay with the touch of a button anytime, anywhere
- Keep your bills in one convenient digital place
- Accumulate your payment card reward points/miles
- Absa Rewards members can earn Cash Rewards
- It’s secure:
- We protect your data with bank level encryption
- We are Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant
- We are Protection of Personal Information (POPI) compliant
- Mobile transactions require fingerprint or PIN authentication
- We are registered with the Payments Association of South Africa in terms of the directive for payments to third persons
How do I download walletdoc?
Search for walletdoc on the App Store or on Google Play (see ‘Quick steps to get started’ above).
Which mobile platforms are supported by walletdoc?
walletdoc is available for both iPhone and Android devices.
How do I use walletdoc if I choose not to download the smartphone application or have a device that is not currently supported by walletdoc?
You can still enjoy using walletdoc by visiting www.walletdoc.com on your favourite web browser.
How do I register for walletdoc?
- Via the website: Go to walletdoc.com, click on the ‘Register’ button and follow the prompts.
- Via the app: Simply download the app from the App Store or on Google Play, click on ‘Get Started’ and follow the prompts.
How do I load my bills onto walletdoc?
- When you register for walletdoc you create a username which is used to generate your own unique email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Let your billers start emailing your electronic PDF bills to your walletdoc email address, or simply forward your bills to your walletdoc email address.
How do I view bills on walletdoc?
- If you’re using the walletdoc website, click on ‘Bills’ in the top navigation menu and then select either ‘Unpaid’, ‘Paid’ or ‘Scheduled’ from secondary navigation tabs.
- If you’re using the walletdoc app navigate to the ‘Bills’ screen and select either the ‘Unpaid’, ‘Paid’ or ‘Scheduled’ tab.
How do I pay bills that I have received in walletdoc?
- If you’re using the walletdoc website, navigate to the ‘Bills’ page, select the bill that you want to pay and click on the ‘Pay Now’ button.
- If you’re using the walletdoc app, navigate to the ‘Bills’ screen, select the bill that you want to pay and click on the ‘Pay Now’ button.
Can I pay a bill using walletdoc if I received the bill in the post or the bill was not emailed to my walletdoc email address?
Absolutely. If it’s the first time you’re paying this bill with walletdoc, simply click on the ‘Quick Pay’ top navigation menu. To add a new account to pay, click the ‘+Add’ button on the walletdoc website and add the biller account name or EasyPay number displayed on the bill. To add a new account on the walletdoc app, click on the ‘+’ button and add the biller account name or EasyPay number displayed on your bill.
Will my bank card work with walletdoc?
All Visa, MasterCard and Diners e-commerce enabled cards will work on walletdoc.
Do I earn points on my bank card when using walletdoc?
Yes. You’ll earn your card points/miles according to the rules of your issuing bank rewards program.
Can I see a complete payment history in walletdoc?
Yes. Navigate to the history screen. You will see details of successful and failed payments processed against your payment card(s).
Which billers are supported by walletdoc?
We are continually adding billers to the walletdoc network. Please see our supported billers at www.walletdoc.com/supported-billers.
As a consumer, how much will walletdoc cost me?
For consumers, walletdoc is free of charge.
Can I override the amount owing and pay a different amount of my choice?
Yes. Most billers do allow consumers to determine the amount they wish to pay. When on the payment screen, simply click the payment value to the right of the biller name. You will then be able to enter the amount you wish to pay. For billers that do not allow consumer determined amounts to be processed, walletdoc will not allow such amounts to be edited.
What if I pay an incorrect amount?
If you paid too little, simply make an additional payment to make up the full amount. If you paid too much, you will need to request a refund directly from the biller.
What do I do if I need support or wish to query a transaction?
walletdoc has a support team ready to assist. Simply send your query to email@example.com and you will receive feedback within 24 hours.
What if I lose my phone?
Don’t worry. Mobile bill payments require fingerprint authentication or PIN entry prior to bill payments being processed.
- You can revoke your phone’s access to your walletdoc account by logging onto your walletdoc account on the walletdoc website www.walletdoc.com. Click on your username (top right hand corner of the menu bar). Click manage devices.
- Click the ‘X’ to remove your device from the list of allowable devices on your account.
Is walletdoc secure?
Yes. Your security is our priority.
- We protect your data with bank level encryption.
- We are PCI compliant, which means that we adhere to stringent security requirements mandated by the Payment Card Industry. For more information in this regard, please visit pcisecuritystandards.org
- We are registered with the Payment Association of South Africa in terms of Directive No.2 of 2007 of the South African Reserve Bank.
- We are POPI compliant, which means that we secure your data as if it were our own.
- Mobile transactions require fingerprint or PIN authentication prior to being processed.