Financial assistance for businesses affected by the recent unrest in parts of South Africa
The recent unrest has affected many South Africans and Absa is committed to supporting and rebuilding our economy.
Many of our branches and ATMs were damaged in the recent unrest. However, we have already started to restore the services you and your customers/clients depend on.
Branches and ATMs that are unavailable.
We are here for your business: online, on-call and on the ground
If your business has been affected by the recent unrest, we are here to assist:
- You may qualify for a Bespoke Financial Solution to help rebuild or restore your business;
- Point-of-Sale terminal rental fees may be temporarily waived; and
- If your Point-of-Sale terminal has been damaged we can assist with a replacement.
Please contact your banker for assistance with the above.
We are here to assist with your business insurance needs
If you have sustained a loss as a consequence of the recent protest action and you have riot cover for your property, please note the following:
- SASRIA is a state-owned insurer providing riot cover to South African customers (individuals and business).
- SASRIA provides cover for material damage and business interruption following riots where an insured business has elected to obtain the cover through their broker or insurer agent.
- If you wish to submit an insurance claim in respect of property damage or business interruption following riots, please send the details of the loss to your broker or the insurer who provides the underlying cover for the assets.
- If you are insured with Absa Insurance Company, send the details of the loss to email@example.com or call us on 0860 100 876
- SASRIA contact details are +27 11 214 0800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently asked questions
In light of the continued lockdown regulations and recent unrest in parts of South Africa, our bespoke financial solutions are aimed at giving our Business Banking customers financial solutions that are specifically tailored to their individual needs. Simply call your banker and they will assist you with finding the best solution.
We have a range of short-term and long-term solutions, each designed to help you meet your credit repayment obligations, bearing in mind your financial situation at the time.
While there are no set qualification criteria, Absa Business Banking customers with a history of positive credit performance are most likely to get the most out of our bespoke financial solutions. It is for this reason that it is advisable to speak to us before your account goes into arrears.
We are required to report any repayment solutions applied to credit agreements. This reporting may negatively impact your credit score, however, proactive repayment solutions will help you stay on top of your repayments which will boost your credit score in the long term.
During our assessment, we may require supporting documentation so that we can design a solution specifically tailored to your individual needs. We understand that getting all the required documents may be a bit difficult at this time, but it will be very helpful if you can provide us with as much information as possible during your application.
Please note: Relief provided through deferred payments on any credit agreement must be reported to the Credit Bureaus as regulated by the National Credit Act (NCA). In some cases, credit bureau scores might be impacted negatively, which can have an adverse outcome during your loan application(s) in the future, across the market. Please bear this in mind when requesting relief.
Let one of our experts assist you.
Personal Loan, Student Loan and Credit Card clients
Email us at: email@example.com
Home Loan clients
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vehicle Finance clients
Email us at: email@example.com
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact your banker
Business Bank clients
Email us at: email@example.com
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org