Protect yourself - be alert when banking online. These tips will go a long way in ensuring your online security.
Top tips to ensure your online security
- Absa will never address you as Dear Client or Dear Customer but always by your name.
- Ensure that you do your internet banking on a secure website. The URL (web address) must start with "https". The "s" indicates that it is a secure website.
- We will never ask you to enter your entire password on our secure website; you will be asked to enter 3 random characters of your password. Your cellphone number is not required to logon to our secure website.
- Be suspicious if the process to conduct a transaction differs from the normal process. If in doubt, do not proceed. Contact our Fraud Hot Line at 0860 557 557.
- Read your RVN and TVA messages in detail when you receive them.
- The new SureCheck allows you to authorise your transactions. Please ensure that you read and understand the SureCheck messages before you accept or decline the message.