How long does it take to complete the switching form?
- The online form takes a few minutes to fill in. Once you have completed the switching request, submit the form and we'll take care of the rest
Email us on: email@example.com
How can I track my switching request?
- You can track your request through this link or by calling 0860 100 372.
What is important to remember when completing the form?
- There are two options available:
- Salary switch, which requires you to fill in your employer’s information
- Debit order switch, which requires you to complete a list of your current debit orders
- Complete all your personal details and don’t forget to provide us with your contact details
- Don’t forget to add your Absa account details and the details of your previous bank account
- When filling in the details of your debit orders, make sure that all reference numbers are filled in accurately, otherwise we will not be able to find your debit order
How long does it take for the switch to be completed?
- Switching will take up to 6 weeks to complete, depending on the service providers you have debit orders with. We will however keep you updated on the progress
Does switching cost anything?
Do I need my spouse’s consent to switch a debit order?
- No, you do not need your spouse’s consent to switch an Absa debit order. However, if the service provider needs more information they will contact you directly.
Do all service providers accept debit order or salary switching instructions from Absa?
- No. Some service providers will only switch on your direct instruction and will not accept switching instructions from Absa
- All employers will only switch on your direct instruction and will not accept switching instructions from Absa
- We will however help you initiate the process by providing you with switching letters to send to these service providers and employers
- See the list of all service providers, who do not accept Absa-initiated debit order or salary switching instructions
Will Absa be able to switch my internal stop orders and beneficiary payments?
Can Absa change the date when a debit order is due?
- No, only you can change your debit order dates
When do I need to close my old account?
- You can close your old account after:
- you have confirmation that all your debit orders and salaries have been switched;
- your first run of debit orders has come off your new account; and
- your salary has been paid into your Absa account