Once you open an Absa bank account, you can easily switch your debit orders and your salary. Find out how below.
Call me back
Once we receive your request, we will keep you updated of the progress. The next steps are:
- You will receive an SMS or email (based on your preferences) to let you know that we have received your request.
- We submit your request to each service provider and follow up with them until everything is switched. Here are companies that will not allow Absa to switch on your behalf; you can contact them to process your request.
- There are some service providers that need more information to switch - so within 48 hours we will send you an update on the status of this, and the next steps to follow to help you complete the switching process.
- Within 2 weeks after submitting your request you will receive confirmation of the deduction date for all successfully switched debit orders.
- If there are still any outstanding debit orders not switched, within 4 weeks, we will send you confirmation of the deduction date for all successfully switched debit orders.
- If there are any outstanding debit orders not switched within 6 weeks, we will contact you with an update and the next steps to be taken; but please don’t close your old account until all your debit orders and salary have been switched to ensure that your payments at these providers are always up to date.