Going away? Don't forget to pack peace of mind with travel cover for anything from a cancelled flight, lost suitcase to a sudden illness.
What does travel insurance include?
- This is automatic for travellers under 75 who pay for the full cost of their air tickets with their Absa credit card, and is valid for trips of up to 90 days
- Benefits include emergency medical expenses and associated expenses, personal accident cover and Absa Travel Assistant.
- Automatic basic travel insurance does not include cover for pre-existing medical conditions and hazardous activities. You have the option to purchase additional cover from a range of three top-up plans. Optional top-up cover will supplement your automatic basic cover and caters for trips up to a maximum of 184 days.
- Rates are calculated according to the following age bands:
- 3 months to 69 years of age (inclusive)
- 70 years to 74 years (inclusive)
- You can select from the following trip duration options:
- 1 – 90 days
- 91 – 120 days
- 121 – 184 days
- Annual Multi Trip
- These comprehensive offers include: additional cover for emergency medical and associated expenses, personal accident insurance, trip cancellation/curtailment, baggage loss/theft, legal expenses, hi-jack and wrongful detention and personal loss of money or passport, as outlined in your policy
- Top up cover is also available for domestic travel for travellers aged 3 months to 85 years (inclusive) for travel up to 47 days
- This is specifically for travellers aged 75 to 85 and is valid for up to 90, 120 or 184 days or an Annual Multi Trip
- It offers senior travellers comprehensive travel insurance cover for emergency medical and associated expenses, personal accident insurance, trip cancellation/curtailment, baggage loss/theft, legal expenses, hi-jack and wrongful detention and personal loss of money or passport.