House contents insurance covers your belongings and possessions in your home, including furniture, clothing, electronic equipment, rugs, curtains and removable mirrors and paintings.

Contact Us

Get Quote

Affordable cover

You don’t pay a fortune to have your valued possessions safely insured.

We’re there for you

Reliable help in an emergency with 24/7 access to plumbers and electricians.

Peace of mind

Come rain, fire, earthquake or burglary – your possessions are covered.

How to get it and what to expect

Why do I need household contents insurance?
  • You want to replace or repair your possessions if they are stolen or accidentally damaged by an insured event.
  • You need your household contents and you don’t want to risk your financial stability by having to replace them.
  • You know that events like fire, flooding and earthquake are beyond your control and you need cover.
What does it cover?

You can include the following in your policy:

  • Loss or damage caused by theft or attempted theft
  • A fire or explosion
  • Acts of nature (earthquake, wind, storm, lightning, snow or flood)
  • An impact from vehicles, falling trees, aircraft, etc.
  • Damage caused by bursting or overflowing geysers or pipes
  • Liability to other people (including domestic employees).
Contact us
Contact us

Call AIC - 0861 722 272

Call Absa idirect - 0860 109 693
Sales -
General policy enquiries -
Claims queries -

View all products 

Absa idirect’s FSP 34766
Absa Insurance Company’s FSP 8030 

Get your insurance quote here:

Need more help?

Let one of our consultants help you get the best insurance for your needs.

Call us on: 

0861 722 272

E-mail us at:

Call Absa idirect on:

0860 109 693

E-mail Absa idirect at:

Visit your nearest branch