You've just started your career. You're set on making your mark and climbing the success ladder. The best time to put your new salary to work is right now. We're here to help you make the most of your hard-earned money.
What you should consider for this life moment
A bank account to meet your needs while finding your feet in your first job
It’s been a long, hard road to earning your qualification, so why not reward yourself with a transactional account that includes a no-fees overdraft? It’s everything you need and more.
Link an overdraft facility to your Gold Graduate Cheque Account and get instant access to additional cash when you need it. This means you can maintain a healthy cash flow, never miss a debit order and maintain a good credit record. What is more, you only pay interest on the money you use.
To prevent your financial responsibilities from becoming a burden to others, talk to us about a Credit Protection Plan that settles your overdraft balances in the event of your death, disability, critical illness or retrenchment.
Access to cash for those emergencies when your salary is not enough
A credit card, managed wisely, is a convenient way to pay unexpected living expenses,
and it helps you build a good credit history. Even if you haven't received your first salary,
your signed employment contract can serve as proof of income when you apply for a credit card.
Hard work pays off — let us help you find, finance and insure your dream car
When you need a new car, we’ll guide you through the entire process — from helping you calculate what you can afford to finding your car and giving you 100% finance, with car insurance.
To prevent your financial responsibilities from becoming a burden to others, talk to us about a Credit Protection Plan that settles your credit and loan balances in the event of your death, disability, critical illness or retrenchment.
Grow your money by saving and investing with Absa
Now is the time to start saving your money and expanding your investment portfolio.
Investing in your future is a truly rewarding experience. Start investing today for emergencies or that dream holiday, or further your education and reap the rewards of a brighter tomorrow. You can invest up to R33 000 a year and pay no tax on interest income, plus there's no monthly fee either. Enjoy investment flexibility, personal control and fee transparency.
You can save towards your goals and dreams, and still enjoy the lifestyle you'd like to live today. Choose from our range of unit trust funds to find the one that best suits your risk and return preferences. Start building your investment portfolio now.
Insure the valuable possessions you've worked hard for
From the car that gets you to work on time to your laptop, your phone and more, we have the insurance products to make sure you keep moving on and up.
Live life to the fullest with proper financial planning
We offer everything from help with planning your finances, to developing an investment strategy, tax advice and more.
When it comes to your livelihood and assets, it is much safer to ask a professional for advice rather than navigate the market on your own. Since our financial advisers have their finger on market fluctuations, they are in the best position to cut through complicated jargon and confusing standpoints to help you with your financial decisions.
- Undergo mandatory FAIS compliance
- Complete extensive initial training
- Engage in periodic refresher courses
- Have access to extensive in-house resources including specialist advice on legal and tax issues
- Have access to in-house research and advanced financial needs analysis and planning software
Choose a financial adviser
Know your rights when deciding on a suitable financial adviser.
- Analyse your needs, taking into account your age (life stage), income, dependents, goals and the moments that you are going through
- Protect your best interests
- Complete the Contact Stage Disclosures, (which means they must clarify which services they are qualified to provide, confirm their relationship with Absa Group Limited and define the service they are able to provide to you, based on your specific needs)
- Give you the information you need to make informed decisions
- Disclose commission and administration charges upfront
- Make sure you understand all the terms and conditions of your investment
- Provide you with all the documents within 30 working days
- We appoint only the best people to serve you, we give them superior business tools and we train them continually to develop their skills
- We will establish a strong relationship with you in order to understand your unique needs
- We will give you high-quality financial advice
- We use quality financial planning tools to make recommendations and will continually monitor the progress of your financial plan
- We can meet all your banking, insurance and investment needs
- You can choose just how we engage with you — be it face-to-face or telephonically
Want to find out more?
Visit your nearest branch or call us on: