The business of running your own business is easy — with the right partner. We champion innovators, doers and go-getters and offer a wealth of knowledge to help you get your business endeavours off the ground.
Want to find out more? Contact a relationship executive on 0860 040 302
What you should consider for this life moment
Access everything you need to grow your business
Keep the wheels turning smoothly with a range of core business banking products, which will give you unlimited access to your accounts, plus a host of useful functionalities.
Get the business insurance and support you need
Protect your livelihood by making sure that, if things go wrong, your business is adequately insured and can recover quickly.
We offer the perfect insurance for your business needs
As a small business owner, you can choose from a range of traditional and specialist insurance products to cover you against risk and to cater for your wealth creation needs. Choose between general, specialist or agricultural cover, and best of all, we design the products to ensure you get an integrated solution that is right for your business.
- Want to protect your livelihood against potential dangers, such as fire or theft
- Would like to choose an option tailored to your business
- Want peace of mind, knowing that you will be compensated for any loss and can recover quickly
Types of business insurance
- A range of assets, including buildings, content, stock, machinery and vehicles
- Gross profit income and additional costs
- Legal liabilities, such as those relating to property owners, tenants and products
- Guarantees of consignment stock, contract performance and lease deposits
- Plant and specialised electronic equipment
- Contract liabilities
- Transporters using heavy commercial vehicles, as well as cargo in transit
- Against fire, accidents and personal risks (including household contents and vehicles)
- Property, including fire and allied perils
- Equipment, including motors, harvesters, tractors, irrigation systems, livestock and pedigreed animals
- Engineering and liabilities, including spread of fire
Insurance that ensures what you cover, is covered
When you sign surety for business debts, you bind your estate to additional obligations. Contingent liability insurance is a tax-efficient way of protecting the financial future of your business and estate, and it will give your family peace of mind when they need it most.
The benefits of contingent liability insurance
- The policy will repay the business loan that you signed surety for in the event of your death or disability
- The financial resources and liquidity of your business will not be put under strain to meet payment obligations
- Your estate will not pay estate duty on the proceeds of the policy
- Your business can retain surplus proceeds from the policy payout
- Policy values can be reflected as an asset in your business
We offer a range of business loans and finance
It is vital for your business to have working capital and a steady cash flow available. Without it your company cannot grow or take advantage of new opportunities. Our finance solutions will suit any business — from start-up to established.
Get the best assistance from a trusted financial adviser
From help with rebalancing your investment portfolio to tax advice or conducting a financial needs analysis to aid in future planning, one of our financial services experts will be there for you.
When it comes to your livelihood and assets, it is much safer to ask a professional for advice rather than navigating the market on your own. Since our financial advisers have their finger on market fluctuations, they are in the best position to cut through complicated jargon and confusing standpoints to help you with your financial decisions.
- Undergo mandatory FAIS compliance
- Complete extensive initial training
- Engage in periodic refresher courses
- Have access to extensive in-house resources including specialist advice on legal and tax issues
- Have access to in-house research and advanced financial needs analysis and planning software
Choosing a suitable financial adviser
Know your rights when choosing a suitable financial adviser
- Analyse your needs, taking into account your age (life stage), income, dependents, goals and the moments that you are going through
- Protect your best interests
- Complete the Contact Stage Disclosures, (which means they must clarify which services they are qualified to provide, confirm their relationship with Absa Group Limited and define the service they are able to provide to you based on your specific needs)
- Give you the information you need to make informed decisions
- Disclose commission and administration charges upfront
- Make sure you understand all the terms and conditions of your investment
- Provide you with all the documents within 30 working days
- We appoint only the best people to serve you, we give them superior business tools and we train them continually to develop them
- We will establish a strong relationship with you so that we can understand your unique needs
- We will give you high-quality financial advice
- We use quality financial planning tools to make recommendations, and we continually monitor the progress of your financial plan
- We can meet all your banking, insurance and investment needs
- You choose how we engage with you — be it face-to-face or telephonically