Retirement is not a destination, it’s a journey. Let us help you prepare
What would your future-self tell you today? Where do you see yourself tomorrow? What about the day after that? The future is uncertain, but we can help you pack the right equipment to ensure your journey through retirement is filled with joy, just as your golden years were meant to be.
Investing made simple
Our unit trusts are ideal for building a portfolio that will give you the peace of mind of knowing that your future investment goals will be taken care of.
So you can live life to the fullest
Get the best from a trusted financial adviser
From help with rebalancing your portfolio to tax advice, conducting a financial needs analysis or assistance with future planning, our financial services experts will ensure you get the advice that you need.
Choosing a suitable financial adviser
Know your rights when choosing a suitable financial adviser
- Analyse your needs, taking into account your age (life stage), income, dependents, goals and the moments that you are going through
- Protect your best interests
- Complete the Contact Stage Disclosures, (which means they must clarify which services they are qualified to provide; confirm their relationship with the Barclays Africa Group, and define the service they are able to provide to you based on your specific needs)
- Give you the information you need to make informed decisions
- Disclose commission and administration charges upfront
- Make sure you understand all the terms and conditions of your investment
- Provide you with all the documents within 30 working days
- We appoint only the best people to serve you; we give them superior business tools and we train them continually to develop their skills
- We will establish a strong relationship with you in order to understand your unique needs
- We will give you high-quality financial advice
- We use quality financial planning tools to make recommendations and will continually monitor the progress of your financial plan
- We can meet all your banking, insurance and investment needs
- You can choose just how we engage with you - be it face to face or telephonic
Calculate what I need to retire
Your additional monthly contribution will need to be:
Current retirement savings:
Current retirement income shortfall:
Desired retirement monthly income:
Disclaimer: We provide this calculator for convenience to you to provide results based on your input and assumptions and it should not be used for any other purpose. We give no warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability and completeness of any information, formulae or calculations provided through its use. We do not accept any liability for loss or damage of any nature, including indirect or consequential loss, which may be attributable to the reliance on and use of the calculators. Please contact us for verification on any of the information provided. The calculator does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to invest in the Core Portfolio and is used simply for illustration. Please refer to the assumptions document.
Put your money to work
Find the perfect tax-free product
You can save up to R33 000 a year, or up to R500 000 in your lifetime, without paying tax on the interest income, dividends or capital gains earned on the investment.
Create your own prosperity
Stockbroking and Portfolio Management
Whether you want to invest locally or abroad, or even a bit of both, we offer self-help or specialist-assistance options to help you get your hard-earned money working a little harder