On the day that you get married, "yours" becomes "ours", and that day will be the first day of the rest of your lives. As you approach one of life's most precious moments, we're here to help you plan your journey to happily ever after.
Want to find out more? Let us call you
How will you live your happily ever after
One day "yours" will become "ours", "his" will become "theirs" and two will become one. Someday one day will be the first day of the rest of your lives. As you approach one of life's most precious moments, we're here to help you plan your journey to happily forever after.
Solutions suitable for this life moment
Absa Law For You upholds and protects your legal rights
Nobody wants to get involved in court cases and other legal processes, but sometimes these things just happen to us. And when they do, they are very costly. That is why we at Absa offer you Absa Law For You to cover the costs of criminal and civil litigation when you need it.
Want to know more?
What is Absa Law For You
Absa Law For You is an affordable, one of its kind product that provides legal cover for civil, labour, family or criminal matters. Given that 9 out of 10 people will find themselves in some sort of legal dispute during their lifetime, Absa Law For You ensures that your rights will always be protected, irrespective of your budget.
|Cover main member, spouse and children under 21|
|Pre existing matters|
|3 months waiting period|
|Court representation - Criminal|
|Court representation - Civil|
|Court representation - Family|
|Court representation - Labour|
So you can live life to the fullest
Get the best from a trusted financial adviser
From help with rebalancing your portfolio, to tax advice, to conducting a financial needs analysis to aid in future planning, speak to one of our financial services experts.
Choosing a suitable financial adviser
Know your rights when choosing a suitable financial adviser
- Conduct a needs analysis that will take into account your age (life stage), your income, your dependents, your goals and the moments that you are going through
- Protect your best interests
- Complete the Contact Stage Disclosures that include, but are not limited to, clarifying the services he is able to provide; confirming his relationship with Barclays group, and defining the service he is able to provide to you based on the needs expressed
- Provide you with information to make informed decisions
- Disclose commission and administration charges upfront
- Make sure you understand all the terms and conditions of your investment
- Provide you with all documentation within 30 working days
- We put our clients at the centre of everything we do, starting with the calibre of people we appoint to serve them, the business tools we provide to our staff and the ongoing training we provide to develop them
- We establish a strong relationship with our customers that will help us understand their unique needs
- We provide high-quality financial advice as our core offering
- We utilise quality financial planning tools to provide financial planning recommendations, as well as monitor the progress of your financial plan
- We leverage our relationship within the Barclays Group and our collective solutions to be able to offer differentiated value for our clients to meet your Banking; Insurance and Investment needs
- We cater for all your needs be it face to face or telephonic - you choose how we engage with you
Travel insurance for peace of mind
Whether you're planning a mini-moon or a honeymoon for you and your other half after your special day, leave nothing to chance. Get comprehensive travel insurance to ensure peace of mind, no matter where the road (or plane) may take you!
What does travel insurance include
Depending on the type of cover you need, we have a few options to choose from:
- This is automatic for travellers under 75 who purchase and pay for the full cost of their air tickets with their Absa credit card, and is valid for trips of up to 90 days
- Benefits include emergency medical expenses and associated expenses, personal accident cover and Absa Travel Assistant provide you with all documentation within 30 working days.
Your limits of cover are linked to your credit card and you are advised to check this before you travel to ensure you have sufficient cover.
- This consists of three comprehensive travel insurance packages to suit your needs, and is valid for trips of up to 90 or 120 days
- Rates are calculated according to the following age bands: 3 months to 59 years of age (inclusive); 60 years to 69 years of age (inclusive); 70 years to 74 years (inclusive)
- These comprehensive offers include: additional cover for emergency medical and associated expenses, personal accident insurance, trip cancellation/curtailment, baggage loss/theft, legal expenses, hi-jack and wrongful detention and personal loss of money or passport, as outlined in your policy
- Extended cover can also be purchased for trips of up to 184 days
- This is specifically for travellers between 75 - 85 and is valid for up to 90 or 120 days
- Offering senior travellers comprehensive travel insurance cover for emergency medical and associated expenses, personal accident insurance, trip cancellation/curtailment, baggage loss/theft, legal expenses, hi-jack and wrongful detention and personal loss of money or passport
- Cover can be also purchased for trips of up to 184 days
Live in the now, plan for tomorrow
You have worked hard to build financial security and freedom for yourself and those dear to you, but what will happen to your estate when you pass away? Are you also keen to ensure the transfer of your estate is as smooth as possible? Absa Trust has a range of services available that will help you navigate your way through to wills, trusts and estate administration with ease.
Your personal piggy bank
Your backup plan
New adventures are full of unexpected surprises. Those usually relate to money. With an Absa Personal Loan you'll have instant access to funds upon approval and flexible repayment terms.
We guarantee to beat the interest rate of any like-for-like personal loan of up to R350 000*
We can't guarantee the best weather on your big day, or a smooth first day of school, or a happy-go-lucky holiday, but one thing we can guarantee is the lowest rate when you take out a personal loan from us.
We will not just match a like-for-like quote on a loan from an authorised financial services and registered credit provider, we'll beat it.
Say, you get a quote with an interest rate of 15%, we'll beat it... Best price guaranteed*.
Absa personal loans are flexible: you can borrow from R3 000 to R350 000, and affordable repayment periods range from 12 to 84 months*.
*Terms and conditions apply
What you get
- Immediate access to your funds after approval
- The best interest rate guaranteed*
- Flexible repayment terms
- The ability to pay off your loan faster
(extra payments reduce the capital amount of the loan)
- Easy approval if you require additional funds
- An affordable Credit Protection Plan
Applying for a personal loan is quick and easy!
If you are an existing Absa customer with internet banking, you can get a loan in minutes, simply click the 'Apply now' button below and logon to your internet banking. Remember to check if you've been pre-qualified in the 'Absa Offers' section!
If you are a new Absa customer or an existing Absa customer without internet banking, simply click the 'Apply now' button below to apply online or request a call back.
Please have the following documentation on hand
- Proof of identity - South African ID or Passport
- Proof of residential address - Utilities or municipality account, rental agreement, telephone or cell phone account (not older than 3 months)
- Proof of earnings - Latest payslip
Whatever your home finance needs, we can help you lay that firm foundation. Our qualified home finance experts are ready to guide you through the ins and outs of building, buying, renovating or selling your home.
Absa Home Loans
A home built on a firm foundation is a home built to last. Whatever your home finance needs, we can help you lay that firm foundation. Our qualified home finance experts are ready to guide you through the ins and outs of building, buying, renovating or selling your home.