Sometimes when things fall apart, they fall into place. The end of one journey in your life simply gives you the opportunity to begin the next. It's a new path full of new adventures and an opportunity to live by a new set of rules. It might be a little hard, this new found independence, but count on us to be a constant pillar of support.
Sometimes when things fall apart, they fall into place
What you should consider for this life moment
Absa Law for You, upholds and protects your legal rights
What is Absa Law for You?
Absa Law for You is an affordable, one of its kind product that provides legal cover for civil, labour, family or criminal matters. Given that 9 out of 10 people will find themselves in some sort of legal dispute during their lifetime, Absa Law for You ensures that your rights will always be protected, irrespective of your budget.
Compare our options
|Cover main member, spouse and children under 21|
|Three months waiting period|
|Court representation — criminal|
|Court representation — civil|
|Court representation — family|
|Court representation — labour|
Absa Law for You benefits
This is when you sue someone, or someone sues you because of an agreement you had, e.g. motor vehicle accidents or similar cases, where an amount of money is asked to solve a problem.
This is when you are in a job related disagreement with your employer/work. e.g. Labour Court and CCMA arbitration proceedings, unfair dismissals, salary disputes, etc.
Maintenance hearings where the other party is represented by a legal practitioner.
- Opposed and unopposed divorces
- Registration of antenuptial agreements
- Child maintenance
This is when you are charged by the State for allegedly committing a crime, e.g. theft, murder bail application and guilty pleas. Absa Law for You will also provide you with assistance through our 24-hour emergency line.
- Emergency bail assist
- Assistance with contract of sale, when buying or selling a vehicle
- Assistance in drafting a will
- A discount on transfer fees when buying a home
- Negotiating payment arrangements with creditors
Let us assist with a financial plan, so you can live life to the fullest
Get the best advice from a trusted financial adviser
From help with rebalancing your investment portfolio, tax advice and conducting a financial needs analysis to aid in future planning, speak to one of our financial services experts.
When it comes to your livelihood and assets, asking a professional for advice decreases the risks associated with navigating the market on your own. Since our financial advisers have their finger on the pulse of the world's economy and closely monitor market fluctuations for a living, they are in the best position to cut through complicated jargon, confusing standpoints and various advice strategies to assist you with your financial decisions.
- Undergo mandatory FAIS compliance
- Complete extensive initial training
- Engage in periodic refresher courses
- Have access to extensive in-house resources including specialist advice on legal and tax issues
- Have access to in-house research and advanced financial needs analysis and planning software
Choosing a suitable financial adviser
Know your rights when choosing a suitable financial adviser.
- Conduct a needs analysis that will take into account your age (life stage), your income, your dependents, your goals and the moments that you are going through
- Protect your best interests
- Complete the Contact Stage Disclosures that include, but are not limited to, clarifying the services he is able to provide, confirming his relationship with Absa Group Limited and defining the service he is able to provide to you based on the needs expressed
- Provide you with information to make informed decisions
- Disclose commission and administration charges upfront
- Make sure you understand all the terms and conditions of your investment
- Provide you with all documentation within 30 working days
- We put our clients at the centre of everything we do, starting with the calibre of people we appoint to serve them, the business tools we provide to our staff and the ongoing training we provide to develop them
- We establish a strong relationship with our customers that will help us understand their unique needs
- We provide high-quality financial advice as our core offering
- We utilise quality financial planning tools to provide financial planning recommendations, as well as monitor the progress of your financial plan
- We leverage our relationship within Absa Group Limited and our collective solutions to be able to offer differentiated value for our clients to meet your Banking; Insurance and Investment needs
- We cater for all your needs be it face-to-face or telephonically — you choose how we engage with you
A will allows you to live in the now, and plan for tomorrow
Will, trust and estates
You have worked hard to build financial security and freedom for yourself and those dear to you, but what will happen to your estate when you pass away? Are you also keen to ensure the transfer of your estate is as smooth as possible? Absa Trust has a range of services available that will help you navigate your way through to wills, trusts and estate administration with ease.
Get a home loan for whatever your needs require
Whatever your home finance needs, we can help you lay that firm foundation. Our qualified home finance experts are ready to guide you through the ins and outs of building, buying, renovating or selling your home.
Get finance for your car
Start driving the car of your dreams today with flexible, hassle-free car finance options for new and used vehicles and other moveable assets, including caravans, trailers, boats and bikes. We are the leaders in car finance in South Africa and will tailor a finance deal to suit your needs with manageable monthly repayments on your loan. Let us help you achieve your dreams and aspirations. With Absa you also get access to a range of value-added services from mechanical and electrical assistance to roadside assistance and great deals on products and travel services.