What is a study loan?
Not sure how you're going to pay for your studies? We'll help you finance your tuition, textbooks, accommodation and study equipment fees.
Need an account for everyday use during your studies?
With a Student Silver Account your money goes further while you study. It gives you reduced banking fees, unlimited electronic transactions for a low fixed monthly fee and access to your money 24/7 via the internet, your cellphone or telephone.
Everything you need to know about a study loan
An Absa Study Loan can be taken out by a student studying full-time or part-time at any of the following institutions:
- University, university of technology, agricultural college, technical vocational education training college (TVET)
- Any private study institution registered at a Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) and accredited by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Yes, a study loan is taken out for each respective year of study.
- You may opt to make capital and interest repayments as soon as your application for a study loan is approved.
- You may repay interest only for a period of 12 months, thereafter repayments will include capital and interest.
- When topping up an existing study loan, you may repay interest only for a further 12 months.
Our Credit Protection Plan can protect both student and/or sponsors against burden in case of permanent disability, dread disease or death.