HelpUSell helps our customers who are financially distressed or are under debt counselling to sell their property and improve their overall debt exposure. You can reduce excessive rates, and achieve a quick sale.
How to get it and what you can expect
How does it work
- If you wish to make use of the HelpUSell option you will have to:
- Sign a HelpUSell mandate;
- Assist our agents during the sale process by allowing access to the property for valuation and marketing purposes; and
- Maintain the property to ensure that it is shown to its full potential to prospective buyers. This may lead to higher offers on the property.
Further terms and conditions on the sale and registration process are set out in the HelpUSell mandate.
- You will be liable for all costs associated with the sale and transfer of the property. These costs include but are not limited to outstanding rates, taxes, charges for municipal services and levies (if applicable); estate agent commission; bond cancellation costs and legal costs (if applicable). (These costs are also set out in the HelpUSell Mandate and our Absa HelpUSell consultants are available to assist you with any queries you may have.)
- These costs can be paid from the sale proceeds, if you are not able to make an advance payment, however such payment will reduce the amount available for distribution into your home loan account.
If you already have a potential or accepted offer for your property, you can submit the offer and proof of your buyer’s finance to email@example.com for consideration. You will have to sign the HelpUSell Client Sale Agreement (Private Sales) to qualify for a discount on any shortfall, as described above.
Even though you agree to use the HelpUSell option, the terms and conditions of your home loan will still apply and you will have to pay your monthly bond instalments or a lesser amount agreed on.
We will proceed with legal action during the term of the mandate and you will remain responsible for your arrears where applicable.