What you need to know:
We understand that, as a non-resident either visiting or living in South Africa, it can be difficult to navigate unfamiliar processes in a foreign country. We are dedicated to helping you in any way we can - from international money transfers to setting up transactional accounts and investments.
Why open an account in SA?
- A secure place for your money and banking that can serve your needs wherever you are in the world
- A full range of services and facilities that you would expect from a major international bank
- Peace of mind that your account is in a well-run, stable banking environment
- Diversification of your banking portfolio
You will need the following:
- A fully completed Letter of Authority in respect of Bank containing the details of your existing bankers whom we may contact to verify your identity
- Certified copy of your passport
- A utility bill showing your name and current residential address
- All relevant application forms
Once you have filled out all the documentation and submitted it to us, we will review your application and, if successful, open your account.
Tips for travelling safely in South Africa:
- There are limits on the amount of currency you can bring into South Africa. For cash in South African rand (ZAR), the limit is R25,000. You should declare any amount higher than this on entry to South Africa.
- Don’t change or withdraw large sums of money in busy public areas including foreign exchange facilities or ATMs.
- Be aware of ATM theft - never be distracted by a stranger asking for assistance at an ATM.
- Don’t give personal or financial account information details to anyone.
- Protect any documents containing details of credit cards or bank accounts.
- Always carry your identity documentation or a copy of your passport.
- Keep photocopies of your credit and debit cards in a safe place.
- Avoid wearing flashy, expensive watches and jewelry and carrying large amounts of cash in public areas.
- Always travel with a cellphone. The emergency number to call for the police is 10111.
What you need to know
As a non-resident visiting South Africa, your account will have certain restrictions. All deposits made into your account, from local sources, will only be made available once you have provided supporting documentation validating the source of funds and exchange control requirements.
Need more help?
Let one of our consultants assist you.
Call us on:
0860 151 151
+27 (0) 11 335 4019
Email us at: