On 7 April 2021, we informed all Absa Money Market Fund (AMMF) customers and clients of the decision to close the AMMF. We would like to inform you that the AMMF is now closed, as of 6 July 2021.
Read our closure letter for full details of the closure.
Frequently Asked Questions
As stated in our closure letter sent on 7 April 2021, your Money Market Fund deposits have now been transferred into the Cash Invest Tracker/Absa Investment Tracker. Here are key facts about your new product/account:
Cash Invest Tracker (CIT) and Absa Investment (AIT) Tracker Accounts
- Your MMF Account number remains the same.
- Your returns have not been interrupted.
- The interest rate on this investment bank account is currently 4.2% for Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) and Business Banking clients, and 4.5%* per annum for Retail, Private Banking and Wealth customers, which is equivalent or better than what you are currently receiving from your AMMF investment.
- All Absa bank accounts are guaranteed by Absa.
- When you access this account, the current Absa card will continue to work as before.
- You can also still transact on this account through Absa branches, Online Banking and ATMs using your current card.
Who to contact
Retail and Private Banking Customers AIFA Advisors allocated to the branches for Retail and Private Bankers
Retail customers: email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 0860 111 515
Private Banking customers: email email@example.com or contact 0860 553 553
Wealth Clients Wealth Bankers firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 0860 265 265 Business Banking Clients Investment Consultants and Bankers
Or contact 0800 227 592
Money Market desk Cash Solutions team
email@example.com or contact 011 895 5521 Other Unit Trust – Retail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 0860 111 456