Let a designated driver take you home after a night out, with the added convenience of having your vehicle driven home safely.
Benefits to Absa clients
Let a designated driver take you home after a night out, with the added convenience of having your vehicle driven home safely.The service is also available as part of the Accident Pack, Entertainment Pack and Entertainment Plus Pack in Features Store.
Benefit to Absa clients:
As a client, you are entitled to a certain number of trips a year at no cost:
- Private Bank – 10 trips per year; Platinum Value Bundle – 8 trips per year; Gold Value Bundle for Workplace Banking – 6 trips per year; Platinum Value Bundle for Workplace Banking – 8 trips per year; Cheque account – Gold Value Bundle – 6 trips per year
- The service is available where the pick-up point or drop-off point is within any of the following metropolitan areas and the total trip does not exceed 50km: Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban, East London, Port Elizabeth and George.
- A vehicle, with two drivers, will be dispatched to drive you home in your own vehicle.
- The designated drivers are equipped with a cellphone and have access to GPS.
- Should you exceed your number of trips a year, you can still make use of the service, but the booking will be facilitated through the designated provider and you pay the supplier directly.
- The service is available to you as a client and up to a maximum of two passengers, collected from a single pick-up point and transported to a single drop-off point.
- The service will not allow for various drop-off points, as drop off is at a single destination determined by you at the time of logging the call.
Booking a trip:
|Account||Number to be dialled|
|Private Banking||0861 131 007|
|Platinum||0861 777 120|
|Gold||0861 888 805|
Trips can be booked in one of the following ways:
- Bookings should preferably be made at least 48 hours in advance to guarantee a booking.
- Bookings can be made 60 minutes in advance during off-peak times. Pick-up time may be up to 60 minutes from time of booking.
- During peak periods, bookings can be made 120 minutes in advance. Pick-up time may be up to 120 minutes from time of booking.
The agent facilitating the booking may ask you to provide an alternate contact number to ensure that the designated driver can make contact at the specified collection time.
Changing a booking time:
If you move from the location of pick up without notifying the agent, the service provider may not be in a position to deliver the service. It will remain your responsibility to notify an agent within a reasonable time frame of your intention to change the location of pick up.
Pick-up and drop-off points:
When a booking is made, a pick-up point will be agreed on between you and the service provider.
At the specified time and location, an agent will notify you that the pick-up driver has arrived, at which time you will have 15 minutes to meet the designated driver. If there is no response after 15 minutes, an agent will notify you that the pick-up driver will be leaving and the trip will be cancelled. Cancellation terms apply.
When you are to be collected at a large venue such as a casino, it is your responsibility to ensure that the pick-up point is a clearly identifiable landmark and can easily be located.
Peak times and off-peak times:
|Peak/Off-peak periods||Start time||Closing time|
Sunday evening to Thursday morning
|First pick-up at 17:30||Last bookings at 02:00
Last pick-up at 03:00
Thursday evening to Sunday morning
|First pick-up at 17:30||Last bookings at 01:00
Last pick-up at 03:00
Peak times also include public holidays (the night before and on the day) and in some instances major public events that happen within the covered areas. Once a booking has been confirmed, the pick-up time will not be changed during peak periods. During off-peak periods, the service provider may be able to change the times, but this will be reviewed at time of request.
Any bookings cancelled in less than 60 minutes before the proposed collection time will be billed at the full rate and deducted from your total covered incidents.
During peak periods, the cancellation time will be extended to 90 minutes.
Additional terms and conditions:
50km is covered from point of pick up to point of drop off. In instances where you wish to travel further and capacity on the day allows it, you will be charged accordingly and payment terms will be facilitated by the designated service provider.
Please take note that Take-me-home service is not a taxi service and can only transport you in your vehicle.