If you’re a small, medium or large business owner, vendor or any professional who renders services on the move, then the PaymentPebbleTM was made for you. With the PaymentPebbleTM and an internet-enabled, compatible smartphone you can take your business with you; providing services on the move and getting paid anytime, anywhere.
Here’s how it works & what you get:
The Payment Pebble is a no fuss, simple to use device
Transact quickly and securely with your customers:
- Select “Start Transaction”
- Option to add a reference number to enable easy reconciliation
- Enter the amount
- Tap, insert or swipe your customers MasterCard or Visa chip and PIN or magnetic stripe and PIN credit or debit card
- Let your customer enter their PIN using the patented, world-first PIN entry method
- Get instant feedback on the outcome of the payment
- Have the option to e-mail or sms the customer’s receipt to them at no cost to you.
- Registered Amex and Diners Club card merchants will also be able to accept Amex and Diners Club cards
Please note that the Payment Pebble is only compatible with certain Android, iOS smartphones and tablets.
The Payment Pebble is simple to use, no fuss devices.
The new and improved Payment Pebble™ now offers:
- Chip and PIN and magnetic strip-and-PIN acceptance on both Visa and MasterCard® credit and debit cards
- Tap ’n Go (contactless) card acceptance on both MasterCard® and Visa credit and debit enabled cards
- Amex and Diners Club Card acceptance**
- Full-colour OLED screen display
- Backlight to improve visibility in various lighting conditions
- An extended battery to support backlight and still provide 40 transactions when fully charged
- Gorilla glass for Payment Pebble™ screen protection.
- Unique transaction reference function for easy reconciliation on a daily statement
- Ability to provide a digital receipt to cardholders via email and/or SMS at no cost
- Resending of receipts directly from the Payment Pebble™ app
- Transaction history log protected with a supervisor PIN.
**Only available to registered Amex and Diners Club merchants.
We’re offering an all-inclusive price on the Payment Pebble. You can have it all for a single monthly fee of R149 (excluding VAT) and transaction fee of 2.75% (excluding VAT) of the transaction value*.
- No device cost.
- R200 initiation fee for the first Payment Pebble.
- R100 initiation fee for each additional unit in the same order.
- R149 a month for 24 months.
The Payment Pebble is an affordable device, that when plugged into a compatible smartphone or tablet, turns into a card machine.
The Payment Pebble accepts both MasterCard and Visa chip-and-PIN and magstripe-and-PIN credit and debit cards.
The Payment Pebble is only available from Absa. However, anyone can easily register to become a merchant with Absa and receive the Payment Pebble irrespective of where their bank account is held. It supports any Visa or MasterCard issued credit and debit card irrespective of who the issuing bank is.
All merchants are required to sign up as Absa merchants in order to receive a Payment Pebble. Merchants are able to elect which Cheque Account to settle into (this does not have to be an Absa Cheque Account – but Absa banked clients, will attract preferential fees).
The Payment Pebble is dependent on normal internet network coverage as with any smartphone or tablet.
If the network is down the transaction does not take place and the merchant will have to retry.
The Payment Pebble does not issue nor support a physical paper receipt due to its size and technology it supports. Instead, a Payment Pebble owner can send proof of payment via SMS or e-mail directly to the cardholder upon conclusion of the transaction.
If a merchant elects to bank into an Absa bank account, all transactions processed before 21:00 will settle into that bank account on the next working day (backdated to the current day).
If a merchant elects to bank into another (non-Absa) bank account, then all transactions processed before 21:00 will settle in two working days.
Yes – our contract runs over 24 (twenty-four) months. One month’s notice is required to cancel a contract. If you choose to terminate this agreement within the first 24 (twenty-four) month period, your account shall be debited with a reasonable cancellation penalty.
I would like to have multiple Payment Pebbles (connected to multiple phones) that all settle into one account. Is this possible?
Yes – a merchant can have as many Payment Pebbles as needed for their business. Remember that the merchant’s identity is known by the Payment Pebble and not by the phone, so one Payment Pebble can be used on multiple phones.
Is there a limitation to a number of transactions that a Payment Pebble can accommodate, i.e. daily, monthly, etc.?
No. The Payment Pebble has no limitation to a number of transactions it can process.
Will the Payment Pebble decline a transaction if there are insufficient funds in the cardholder’s account
Yes. The Payment Pebble connects directly to settling bank when a transaction is made online. Should the response received from the settling bank indicate insufficient balance in the cardholder’s account, the transaction will be declined.
Only limited information (none of which is sensitive) is known to the smartphone or tablet used by the merchant
The Payment Pebble neither collects nor transmits unencrypted data
Conformance to the strictest global standards ensures that the device is extremely secure
No. The smartphone or tablet app is designed to only give the Payment Pebble insensitive information.
The Payment Pebble solution has been built such that all the intelligence (specifically around the card information) is stored in the Payment Pebble itself (and not in the smartphone). All data that passes through the smartphone is encrypted.
The Payment Pebbles is linked to a certified merchant account (the merchant is signed up by Absa following the standard Absa processes). The Payment Pebble knows the identity of the merchant; as such, all transactions processed by a specific Payment Pebble will be credited into the linked account. Transactions are performed online, and batched daily for settlement. The phone is only responsible for running the application and has no idea of the merchant identity. All merchants will be settled even if their phones or Payment Pebbles are lost, damaged or stolen.
Contact the Merchant Services helpdesk on 0860 111 222.