Ways to Bank
Pay your traffic fines
No matter how conscientiously we drive, most of us can’t avoid picking up a speeding fine every now and then. Fines are the bane of many a journey and the thought of having to visit the traffic department to pay one is often as upsetting as the fine itself.
Thankfully, though, that’s one aspect of the ordeal that we can help to make much easier since you can now pay your traffic fines through Absa.
If you are an Absa customer, simply choose the payment channel that suits you best - Absa Online, Cellphone Banking, Telephone Banking, your nearest branch or Absa ATM - and if you are not an existing customer, you can pay by visiting your closest Absa branch.
Please note that this payment option currently only applies to fines obtained in certain municipalities. Absa customers can draw from their cheque or savings accounts to make the payment, but not from a credit card.
Paying your Traffic Fines could be the right choice if you:
- Are daunted by the thought of visiting the traffic department to pay your fine
- Would like to pay your fine while conducting your normal daily banking
- Are not an Absa customer and would like a convenient way to pay your fine
- Would like proof that you have paid your fine, in the form of a receipt
Did You Know?
- The ability to pay your fine through a variety of convenient payment options
- Peace of mind that your fine has been paid through a legitimate, authorised vendor
- Evidence that you have paid your fine in the form of a receipt or proof of payment
- If you are paying using Absa Online:
- Login to Absa Online as usual and select ‘Payments’ from the menu at the top of your screen
- Select ‘Pay Traffic Fines’ on the left of your screen
- Enter the Random Verification Number that is sent to your cellphone
- Provide the reference number on your Traffic Fine and follow the rest of the prompts to pay your fine
- If you are paying using Cellphone Banking:
- Login to Cellphone Banking as usual and select ‘Payments’ and then ‘Pay Traffic Fines’
- Provide the reference number on your Traffic Fine before selecting which account you wish to pay the fine from
- Confirm that the payment details you have provided are correct and pay the fine
- If you are paying using Telephone Banking:
- Call us and provide the agent with reference number on your Traffic Fine
- Tell the agent which account you wish to pay the fine from and they will confirm whether the payment has been processed
- If you are paying at an ATM:
- Once you have inserted your card and entered your PIN number, select ‘Other Transactions’
- Under ‘Payments’ select ‘Other Payments’ and then ‘Traffic Fine Payments’
- Enter the reference number on your Traffic Fine and confirm that the number is correct
- Confirm that the payment details you have provided are correct and select which account you wish to pay the fine from, before paying the fine
- If you are paying at a branch:
- Fill out an Absa transfer slip and include the reference number on your Traffic Fine
- Hand the teller the slip, together with your Identity Document, and your payment will be processed