Ways to Bank
Power outages are bad enough when Eskom or your local municipality is at fault, but being left in the dark because you forgot to buy a prepaid voucher is most definitely adding insult to injury.
Fortunately you can buy prepaid electricity from Absa for most municipalities, Eskom and private metering companies nationwide. It’s safe and convenient with either Absa’s Cellphone Banking or Cellphone Banking Lite channels -– at no additional cost to you!
The payment of the electricity will be debited directly from your selected Absa cheque or savings account. While no transaction fee will be charged for this purchase, you will however need to have airtime to purchase electricity using these channels. Standard network rates apply.
Prepaid Electricity could be the right choice if you:
- Are daunted by the thought of tracking down an outlet that sells prepaid electricity vouchers
- Usually discover you have run out of prepaid electricity in the middle of the night
- Enjoy the convenience of cellphone transactions
- Log onto Cellphone Banking by entering your access account number and pin
- Select the 'Prepaid' option from the menu displayed
- Then select the 'Purchase' option to commence with your prepaid electricy purchase
Cellphone Banking Lite (USSD)
- Dial *120*2272#
- Select 'Prepaid Electricity' from the menu and follow the prompts to buy the units you need
- Select 'Purchase'—follow the prompts to get the electricity token you need instantly
Most municipalities are supported by Absa, for details call 08600 111 123