When you switch your account, debit orders and salary to Absa, you will have access to a range of products and value added benefits, such as:
- Absa Online Banking offers you more than easy and safe access to your bank accounts 24 hours a day. You can also pay accounts, transfer funds, buy prepaid airtime and send money
- Cellphone Banking offers you a convenient way of banking using the one item you never leave home without - your cellphone
- NotifyMe is a great way of keeping track of your finances conveniently, and allows you to stay informed and in control of transactions on your accounts
- Earn cash Rewards every time you swipe your card
- Send money to someone who doesn’t have a bank account and they can receive it from any Absa ATM with CashSend
- eStatements are electronic statements that can be delivered directly to your email inbox
- Debit order switching – free of charge!
- When you top-up your prepaid airtime with Absa, you can choose from one of five convenient payment channels: Absa ATMs, Absa Internet Banking, Cellphone Banking, Telephone Banking and Cellphone Banking Lite
- Pay fines quickly and easily
- Send money internationally with Western Union
How long does it take to complete the switching form?
- The online form takes a few minutes to fill in. Once you have completed the switching request, submit the form and we'll take care of the rest.
What is important to remember when completing the form?
- There are two options available:
- Salary switch, which requires you to fill in your employer’s information
- Debit order switch, which requires you to complete a list of your current debit orders
- Complete all your personal details and don’t forget to provide us with contact details
- Don’t forget to add your Absa account details and the details of your previous bank account
- When filling in the details of your debit orders, make sure that all reference numbers are filled in accurately, otherwise we will not be able to find your debit order
How long does it take for the switch to be completed?
- Switching will take up to 6 weeks to complete, depending on your employer and the service providers you have debit orders with. We will however keep you updated of the progress
Does switching cost anything?
- No, switching is free!
Do I need my spouse’s consent to switch home loans?
- No, you do not need your spouse’s consent to switch an Absa Home Loan. However, if the service provider needs more information they will contact you directly.
Do all service providers accept debit order or salary switching instructions from Absa?
- No. Some service providers and employers will only switch on your direct instruction and will not accept switching instructions from Absa
- We will however help you initiate the process by providing you with switching letters to send to these service providers and employers
- See the list of all service providers, banks and employers who do not accept Absa-initiated debit order or salary switching instructions
Will Absa be able to switch my internal stop orders and beneficiary payments?
- Unfortunately not, but you can have this done by either visiting your nearest Absa Branch or on Absa Online
Can Absa change the date when a debit order is due?
- No, only you can change your debit order dates
When do I need to close my old account?
- You can close your old account after:
- you have confirmation that all your debit orders and salaries have been switched
- your first run of debit orders has come off your new account
- your salary has been paid into your Absa account