Switch my debit orders and salary
Once you have opened an Absa account, you can switch your debit orders and your salary. All you need to do is:
Click on the Switch Now button and complete your Debit Order and Salary Switching request to reach us online
It is that simple!
Once we receive your request, we will always keep you updated of the progress, and the next steps are:
- You will receive an SMS or email (based on your preferences) to let you know that we have received your request
- We submit your request to each service provider and your employer and follow up with them until everything is switched. Companies that will not allow Absa to switch on your behalf
- There are some service providers or employers that need more information to switch – so within 48 hours we will send you an update on the status of this, and the next steps to follow to complete the switching process
- Within 2 weeks you will receive confirmation of the deduction date for all successfully switched debit orders
- If there are still any outstanding debit orders not switched, within 4 weeks, we will send you confirmation of the deduction date for all successfully switched debit orders
If there are any outstanding debit orders not switched within 6 weeks, we will contact you with an update and the next steps to be taken; but please don’t close your old account until all your debit orders and salary have been switched to ensure that your payments at these providers are always up to date.
Need more info about switching to Absa?
Read through our handy Switching FAQs to find out more about switching.