Saving & Investing
A unit trust is one of the simplest ways to invest in your future. It is a collective investment, meaning that a number of people pool their money in a fund that then buys and sells shares, cash or bonds on their behalf. A unit trust reduces your risk of investing in the stock market by combining your savings with thousands of others’, and then distributing the money across a variety of shares or diverse types of investment.
What are the benefits?
- Market-related returns with a lower risk than when investing on your own
- Experienced investment specialists will manage your money
- Exposure to a diverse range of investments that you wouldn't be able to obtain on your own
- Easy access to your money
- It is a relatively low-cost investment
How much do I need to invest?
- Monthly debit order investments from R100 month
- Lump sum (amount) investments from R1 000
Linked Investments enable you to invest across a wide range of collective investment schemes offered by different fund management companies, on a single investment administration platform. Investments are made via discretionary and retirement products such as investment accounts, retirement annuities and living annuities.
What are the advantages?
- A single view of your investment portfolio
- Regular and consolidated investment reporting to keep you up to date with your investments
- No penalties relating to stopping your contributions to your retirement annuity fund
- A wide range of tailor-made investment portfolios
- Easy-to-understand investment solutions
- Flexible investment terms
How to qualify:
- You need to meet the minimum lump sum investment amount of R50 000 or be able to afford the monthly debit order of R500 for each fund before you can invest